Basic mods?

jimmy vtec

Hi everyone iam new to the site and iam after abit of advice please. I apoligise if this has been covered before but iam after a list of parts and a rough price for those parts for the usual basic mods carried out to these things. I have seen a 350 iam interested in and have test drove it. I love the looks and the interior of the car aswell as the feel of it, iam just after abit more power and drama to make the thing feel abit quicker. What ive thought so far is

Replacment panel filter

Full exhaust system including sports cats

Plenum spacer (Not really sure about this could do with some information)

Sports manifolds

Uprevs flash done at rs tuning.

Is this anything like right for what iam after or have i included somthing pointless or missed anything out?

What would this cost roughly?

What gains in feel and performance would i gain if any?

Thanks in advance for any advice

cheers Jimmy

Depending on your wallet size and taste you're looking over £1k for that lot. Remap £400, spacer (motordyne) £190, exhaust £300+ decats £150'ish unless you go Berks £400, panel filter I'm not sure on price.

The exhaust all depends on whether you go back box, Y pipe, Cat Back, the more you replace the greater the cost.

PM :pmzmanalex: and Tarmac (perhaps we need a Tarmac Smilie) for all your modification needs :thumbs:

it would be nice :lol: maybe one day ;)

As said op I can help you with everything apart from the uprev so if you want any advice etc drop me a pm or have a look through the Tarmac Sportz section

:thumbs:

One like this? :teeth:

PMTARMAC.gif

Thanks for the quick replys. After doing some research iam i right in thinking that the 2007 and on cars have a reworked engine and produce 310bhp as standard? if this is the case do they respond better/worse to the mods ive suggested? Are they worth the extra couple of grand as all the reviews ive read say they are a big improvment in drivability, pull harder at the top end and are more torquey down the bottom end of the revs?

Jimmy

If you were to put the two side by side, put the mods onto the pre 07 and the 07+ was stock, quarter mile the two and there'd be hardly any difference between the two. If anything the pre 07 could nip the line after having the extra mods.

If you want either vehicle for me it would have to be price and whether I wanted the 07 onwards. If you purchase the older vehicle you'll have more cash in your pocket for modifications.

So if the same mods were carried out on both the the 07 would be noticable quicker? All it is is that if iam going to get a 350 i dont want to pay nearly as much for say a 2006 to then spend money trying to make it as good as an 07 model, id rather start with the best most powerful model if they respond as well to basic mods. Could you also confirm to me the exact time the bonnet bulge engine (sorry i dont know the code) was introduced ?

Bonnet buldge was 07 onwards and has twin intakes, also has a modified plenum so you won't need a plenum spacer. If you were to purchase cold air induction it would cost you more than the 06, although don't hold me to that.

To be fair your best bet is to give Mark @ Abbey Motorsport a ring. He's knowledge and tuning experience of both the DE and HR engines is great.

I advise writing down all he says so that you can make judgement offline.

In hindsight I went for the more expensive newer model a couple of years ago. Ok so it's facelift was nice but the earlier DE engines made better gains :dry: from mods. So I lose out, but then the car is newer and had all the luxuries I wanted. Had I been more impressed with the HR (07+) maybe, maybe not.

Like I said, the difference is marginal. Best thing to do is test drive both the 06 and 07 and you'll struggle to find any massive differences.

I spoke to mark today at abbey motorport and he was more than helpful so thanks again mark. His opinion was to start of with the best version u can so was in favour of starting with a HR engined car as hed seen good gains with this engine.