GT or not GT...

LordGrover

Struggling to search for what's probably been asked a million times - is the GT more desirable than the semi-skimmed version?

I gather it's cruise, wheels and leather - anything else of interest?

Cruise control is of no use to me, most cars of this type (and the age I'm looking at) probably have after market rims by now or may have selected the Rays rims as an option - same for leather.

Was it the US market that had stability control on the non-GT only but traction control on both?

So far I can't justify the c. £500-1,000 premium for the GT, unless I'm missing something?

It's nice to have, but I didn't spec it. If you don't want the cruise, its highly debatable IMO. The Bose isn't great and neither is the leather, especially if you prefer the cloth seats. Rays were standard on the '06 facelift onwards.

Trac control on all models mate :thumbs:

I have the non GT as I didn't want heavy heated electric seats that I will probabaly change, the BOSE dose not seem to be "all that" and as its for fun driving and track I don't think the cruise control would get much use :)

They do seem to be a little lower in price than a GT of same age/miles etc but as I paid less I can sell for less although thats not really the main concern when I know how much I will spend on mods that I won't get back - but thats not why I(we?) do it :):evil:

Kinda like this baby: click, but it's top-dollar for private sale. IMO.

Opinions?

From the service book it looks like it's only had 4 services over 7 years, so not a full service history as stated. Also, cheaper car tax is not because it's a non-GT (just age-related).

Price seems reasonable, but I'd still look at members cars on here as your first option.

Echoing what was said above, I looked for a good couple of months, saw the same non GT versions sitting on AutoTrader for ages whereas the GT versions were gone much quicker. So you could bargain yourself a good value car now, but when selling on you might find people defaulting to the GT version.

GT with satnav seem to command the most respect with pricing, but I am willing to pay the extra for the cruise control and heated seats. Mainly because I like motorway driving and to stop the mrs complaining about being cold when I put the roof down, that woman is always bloody cold.

Buy a GT if you ever want to sell it. You'll have to significantly reduce the price of a non GT to get rid of it.....

+1

I completely agree when i was looking i was only looking at gt and above, wouldnt consider lower. even if your going to strip it out, you need to put it back to get a decent sale price, and with the bremos, heated seats and rays you will struggle imho..

I chose a non GT because of the same thing - i was fed up with leather seats, and mine had the rays package from the factory.

Stereo will get removed anyway, and the prices were much better - so i dont really lose if / when i sell anyway.....

As mentioned on previous posts, GTs get snapped up pretty quickly non GTs can sit on autotrader or pistonheads for months and months - its not so much about the value at resale its about the amount of time it takes to sell.

As mentioned on previous posts, GTs get snapped up pretty quickly non GTs can sit on autotrader or pistonheads for months and months - its not so much about the value at resale its about the amount of time it takes to sell.

Correct.

It's not the price differential you need to worry about, it's the ability to be able to even find a buyer full stop.

I agree, the GT is not that great in reality, especially compared to aftermarket equivalents, but it what buyers want.

I was pondering this over for a good month or so too.

In the end I decided that I would settle for nothing less than: Rays, Cruise + Leather. I am glad I did and know that my car has a lot of + points to it which will definitely make selling it a lot less painful.

The GTs on autotrader in my price bracket were selling within a day or so of me finding them! Some non-GTs were sitting there for months on end, I think the GT is worth the premium to be honest. But I am a total noob (4 weeks) so what do I know haha...