Getting excited, UpRev Imminent - Guess the HP

Sam Mcgoo

Well, following on from this thread - viewtopic.php?f=114&t=44722 I decided that I would carry out a few mods to my Supercharger set up, mainly for safety/longevity reasons but also to improve drive-ability and maybe gain a couple of horses while I'm at it.

Previous spec -54 UK GT with the following engine mods;

Vortech V2 S/C Kit 3.33" pulley

Autosportwiring ECU harness

Split-second timing ECU piggyback

Kinetix SSV Inlet Manifold

Invidia true dual exhaust

Kinetix HF Cats

Denso Iridium one-step colder plugs

JWT Oil pan spacer

Pneumatic engine damper

So I have now removed the Autosport wiring harness, Split Second Timing Piggyback, Vortech FMU, inline fuel pump and Kinetix HFC.

I've fitted a Walboro 255 fuel pump with modded carrier, AAM Return fuel system and Japspeed test pipes/decats. I left the car with Abbey and they have fitted DW600cc injectors. :)

Mark made a start on it last week but max'd out the MAF sensor while tuning....so it now has a PMAS fitted also.

So........I should get some results in the next day or so when Mark finishes it off. :yahoo: I feel like a kid at Christmas.

Previously the car made 369.1 hp at the hubs circa 400FWhp and 325 Ibft

OLD PLOT

abbeydynodec2.jpg

So for a bit of fun anyone fancy a guess at what the new results will be? :shrug:

Not expecting a big increase - so my guess is 375hp @hubs and 335 Ibft

:snack:

Maxed out your maf sensor...i was running 460 fwhp using the standard maf sensor..and mark said these numbers wouldnt max out the maf sensor :wacko: ...I dont think your far off with your guess :thumbs:

Mine was maxed at 420 fly.

As Ian said, every car will be a bit different.

At a guess, I would say that it was more about total flow through the intake, engine and exhaust rather than power.

Nurrish- I can't remember what your inlet / exhaust set up was. Maybe with the SSV, decat and true dual exhaust mine is flowing more than yours was? I remember you had the 2.87 pulley so your high power would have been through the increased boost.

Ian had a Cosworth plenum so maybe the improved plenums are the reason for the extra flow?

Mark said my MAF topped out at 5.04v at 6000 rpm so power and torque took a plunge from there.

I just had standard plenum with a k1 exhaust when tuned...it was the 2.87 pulley that gave me all the power...the free flowing it is the less boost is achieved...so what i believe anyway. My car just wanted to keep making power :lol:

I just had standard plenum with a k1 exhaust when tuned...it was the 2.87 pulley that gave me all the power...the free flowing it is the less boost is achieved...so what i believe anyway. My car just wanted to keep making power :lol:

Your car & Vortech kit was just freakish :p

Yeah, your right about the flow/boost relationship.

I must admit I was tempted by the 3.12 pulley for a bit extra, but thought better of it. For now.

Are you going to Wales Sam ?

I know someone 'as well as me' that wants to see your car :thumbs:

I wasn't planning on it, but it would be nice to go for a run on some proper roads and meet a few of ya. :)

I'll have a word with the missus when I get home at the end of the week. I might be able to swing 1 night/day. ;) She doesn't mind a drive out and I know she'll love the scenery, food and drink, but a weekend of just cars isn't her thing. :dry:

Are you going to Wales Sam ?

I know someone 'as well as me' that wants to see your car :thumbs:

I wasn't planning on it, but it would be nice to go for a run on some proper roads and meet a few of ya. :)

I'll have a word with the missus when I get home at the end of the week. I might be able to swing 1 night/day. ;) She doesn't mind a drive out and I know she'll love the scenery, food and drink, but a weekend of just cars isn't her thing. :dry:

many girls think the same :teeth:

what is this wales thing? Is it on this weekend?

what fuel system exactly did you go for?

I'm guessing 430 on the fly :snack:

Will sound amaaaaaazing, great to hear you dumped the other stuff in favour of the Uprev, will be interesting to compare the plots :thumbs:

I went for the AAM basic (or stage 0) Return fuel system. http://aamcompetition.com/i-4642477-aam ... ystem.html

I think 430 might be a bit optimistic :surrender: ...........but I wouldn't say no ;)