Plenum advice - please

M9O OEY

Hi

I fitted a 5/16 plenum yesterday all went really well till it came to closing the bonnet :surrender: I found the right hand side was slightly high causing the boot not to shut properly :thumbdown:

I removed the spacers on the strut bar in the end and fitted 10mm washers , tbh I'm not really happy with this but I couldn't get it to work otherwise :angry: is this a common problem fitting a plenum ? Also was unsure about the strut brace should it pill or push if that makes sense ? Pretty sure it was pushing when first removed, obviously I had to adjust the strut brace when refitting but with the spacers supplied I couldn't really get it to fit without touching the bonnet.

I left a gap of 4-5 mm as with the engine moving I didn't want it to rub on the brace. Any help greatly appreciated :thumbs:

ATB

M9O OEY

I fitted a 5/16 plenum yesterday all went really well till it came to closing the bonnet :surrender: I found the right hand side was slightly high causing the boot not to shut properly :thumbdown:

I know what your problem is............you've fitted it in the boot and not the engine! :p:lol:

This is lifted from the Motordyne instruction manual........not sure if it helps. Sounds like it can need a fair bit of tweaking to get it right.

Read section headed "Strut Bar Reinstallation and Adjustment for 350Z" here........might help :shrug:

http://www.motordyneengineering.com/manual.pdf