What to get prior to UpRev?

ric

Hi guys,

Hoping to get my car remapped properly later on in the year. I've been doing some reading about what suits the 350 best, but wondered what your recommendations were in terms of items to purchase/install to make the UpRev more worthwhile?

I've kept the standard air intake, and installed a HKS filter.

My next purchases were going to be a plenum space (Can you guys fit these also?) and a full exhaust, in particular to replace the restrictive standard Y pipe.

Do you suggest its worth getting any other bits? Or do you think the above should be a good combination?

Thanks in advance :thumbs:

3 main things are filter, y-pipe and decats/hi-flow cats, and plenum spacer is a nice to have. They get the biggest gains. Only thing you are missing from the list there are cat replacements :thumbs:

3 main things are filter, y-pipe and decats/hi-flow cats, and plenum spacer is a nice to have. They get the biggest gains. Only thing you are missing from the list there are cat replacements :thumbs:

Don't forget the mrev2 with a spacer if it a rev-up engine ;)

I just sold my first MREV2 this week, how did you find it once fitted ? Does it noticeably give you more torque ?

I just sold my first MREV2 this week, how did you find it once fitted ? Does it noticeably give you more torque ?

Yes i think it does Chris but i still need to get to Abbey to get the best out of it though :)

Wow, cheers for all the responses guys!

Mine is a 55 plate UK 350z, which I *think* means I don't have the rev-up later engine in.

Out of interest, and this will probably sound stupid, what does "or go fi " mean? :blush:

The responses were prity much what I expected. Question I guess is do I go for a true dual exhaust or a full exhaust and new Y-Pipe! (Is there much difference between the 2?) This only thing which concerned me with new cats etc was:

1/ Passing an MOT. I don't really want to have to swap things out for my MOT. Ive had a car previously which was a nightmare to MOT and know how much of a pain it can be. Would one of the options listed above still be fine for that? Do you guys think that it would be a noticeable difference to fit?

2/ Sound. Whilst I do want to squeeze a few extra horses out of the car, and a bit of extra grunt would be nice, I don't want it to sound like a rocket ship when i go down the road!! Am I being over cautious?

Cheers in advance!

FI = Forced Induction

1/ The Hi Flow Cats (HFC's) will present no problem come MOT time, De Cats will.

2/ A bit overcautious, while the addition of HFC's and Exhaust will create a louder noise, usually this will only happen under load, normal/cruising driving won't be compromised.

FI will make it louder again, all down to personal taste, best place to help you decide would be to attend a meet, usually no two Zeds are running the same kit :thumbs:

Well, its certainly an option. Years ago a little company in Macclesfield made me a completely custom exhaust, and seem to know their stuff. Might well pay them a visit and see what they can do!

My opinon , the best gain your get per pound on a DE motor is just fit a plenum spacer/Panel filter and a remap.

After that fitting HFC's/Y pipe's etc etc will give returns but not as much as the 1st stage i.e fitting the plenum/remap.

An exhaust isnt worth doing unless you have the front end of the exhaust sorted as the restriction in the exhaust is the Cats and Y pipe.

hope this helps

An exhaust isnt worth doing unless you have the front end of the exhaust sorted as the restriction in the exhaust is the Cats and Y pipe.

Music to my ears, HFC's and no Y pipe, Evolution system is straight through B) I'd be looking for a decent return on my set up :thumbs:

sorry to crap this thread but a 370 is different , this car has 2 set of Cats fitted as standard , fitting a exhaust system remove these 2nd cats so freeing up the exhaust flow. Fitting HFC's/decat's etc etc any give a few more BHP/Torque most of the gain comes from changing the exhaust and a remap on these cars.

Mark

sorry to crap this thread

Don't worry mate, all information is greatfully received, i'm sure by others also :thumbs:

I'm going to have a look for exhaust systems to go with the plenum spacer, think HFC's and full system is needed!

Cheers,

The Evo system removes the secondary cats, or rather they're less restrictive, so all good :thumbs:

Here's a bit of the blurb,

"The Evolution system uses the same muffler as the Slip-On system. However, it also includes high-flow link pipes with integrated resonators and crossover tube that replace the entire exhaust system from the catalysts back."

• 11 months later...

well weve got a 04 with hfcs and a k2 system plus a hks pop charger with polished pipe. The ce light keeps coming on even with the lambda spacers so looks like a re map is the only solution. If we are going to remap the car do I need to look at plenum spacer if so which one and will a y pipe make much difference?