A dog was just thrown out of a car into mine....

Bassjay

Just cleaned it up best I could before going to a pressure washer.

The plastic thing looked like an air funnel, possibly to the rear breaks? Half it was missing so I just snipped it at source.

I'm about to PM a few people to take them up on favours and questions, thanks for the help guys.

:blink: Poor woofa - I know its pretty common - still doesn't make it any less horrific.

With the amount of damage you're describing you may be as well to claim it on your insurance :shrug:

I'm only 22 and my insurance was close to 2k without a claim last time I'm pretty sure claiming will cost me more in one renewal than the £400-£600 repairs.

:blink: Poor woofa - I know its pretty common - still doesn't make it any less horrific.

With the amount of damage you're describing you may be as well to claim it on your insurance :shrug:

I'm only 22 and my insurance was close to 2k without a claim last time I'm pretty sure claiming will cost me more in one renewal than the £400-£600 repairs.

Best route to go I think mate and I feel for you having to clean that. I used to work with a guy who did insurance repairs and some of the stories were pretty horrific of what he had to clean up.

Poor dog and poor you for having to be there, my aunt had a bull mastiff and they're huge but so soppy. A horrific thing to happen but at least its away from those sickos now and won't suffer anymore :byebye:

the day my dog was rescued at 6 weeks old she was found with the rest of her brothers and sisters on the side of the A2 after being thrown out of a moving car :(

I've always been a believer in fate, so if the police don't catch them eventually they will get what they deserve :boxing:

Perhaps you could find a ford (the river/road kind) and drive back and forth through it to clear any matter which may be left and causing smells?

Now that's not a bad idea at all! I think the pressure washer got everything off that's going to come off easily though. I've got a pit in the garage at home so I'll get it parked over there tomorrow and hand scrub the rest, safe to say it'll be cleaner than it was before!

However it's supposed to be stormy tonight, if we get a proper downpoor I might have a blast up and down the A52.

Perhaps you could find a ford (the river/road kind) and drive back and forth through it to clear any matter which may be left and causing smells?

Now that's not a bad idea at all! I think the pressure washer got everything off that's going to come off easily though. I've got a pit in the garage at home so I'll get it parked over there tomorrow and hand scrub the rest, safe to say it'll be cleaner than it was before!

However it's supposed to be stormy tonight, if we get a proper downpoor I might have a blast up and down the A52.

Why not just go in a "evil" car wash, some of them you can pay to only wash the underneath?

Why not just go in a "evil" car wash, some of them you can pay to only wash the underneath?

I already used the brush from those "evil" petrol station pressure washers to have a good scrube underneath but most of it is gonna take some elbow grease. Can't believe people use those on their paint :O

I already used the brush from those "evil" petrol station pressure washers to have a good scrube underneath but most of it is gonna take some elbow grease. Can't believe people use those on their paint :O

at least its raining just now which should help.

Ah maybe not then :shrug::lol:

A huge thanks to Lincolnbaggie for coming out to meet me and reading the code, even offered to leave me with his scan gauge in case I needed to reset it for testing which I thought was very generous having only known me 15 mins and don't imagine they're cheap either!

Another thanks to Stew for the on-going PM's, I did manage to get the code with the peddle method but Neil was happy to come out to confirm I hadn't missed a flash!

Everyone that said Cat sensor gets some points, I got it over the pit at home and the connector had taken a **** and been knocked back on the mounting so I guess even though it was the connection wasn't great and any slight bumps would probably have knocked it enough to upset it.

Underneath is a lot better than expected I'll get some degreaser in the week and have a fun Saturday morning making it look better. I've got away very lucky all I need is an under tray and some new wheel arch liners which hopefully Alex should be able to supply.

Thanks for all the help and kind words

Jay

Another thanks to Stew for the on-going PM's, I did manage to get the code with the peddle method but Neil was happy to come out to confirm I hadn't missed a flash!

Everyone that said Cat sensor gets some points, I got it over the pit at home and the connector had taken a **** and been knocked back on the mounting so I guess even though it was the connection wasn't great and any slight bumps would probably have knocked it enough to upset it.

Full points to me then Jay! First reply (at 3am on a saturday morning!) was a correct diagnosis with pictures! :#1::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Glad it's nothing serious as a big repair bill after that ordeal would have been an absolute nightmare mate!

A huge thanks to Lincolnbaggie for coming out to meet me and reading the code, even offered to leave me with his scan gauge in case I needed to reset it for testing which I thought was very generous having only known me 15 mins and don't imagine they're cheap either!

You're more than welcome Jay - good to meet you.

I take it the sensor problem has been sorted now?

Afternoon Neil,

Yes thanks! When I was crawling under with only the jack on one corner I noticed the passenger side cat sensor wasn't clipping in the same as the driver’s side, it seemed snug but would pull out without much force and without having to depress any clips.

After you confirmed it was a CAT sensor I headed home to get it over the pit and undid both sensors from the mounting rail it was fairly obvious that the passenger side had taken a knock and been pushed a few millimetres down the rail so the connector couldn't be pushed far enough to clip in and lock in place.

The damage isn't as bad as I thought I'll obviously need a new tray as mine is now in the bushes down the side of the M1 but both the bumper mountings and the bits of the wheel arch that connect to the tray have survived enough to be plastic welded and with the space under the pit I don't think it should be a huge job. Alex is busy getting my order sorted for the tray and some nuts and retaining clips as we speak!

Thanks again everyone it was a @*!# weekend by all accounts but I seem to have got out of it with the least damage possible really.

Jay