Horsham appreciation thread

M9O OEY

• 4 weeks later...

ECU modified to remove the immobiliser check (faulty immobiliser stopped the car from starting). Richie spotted the issue from a post of mine, suggested the fix and talked me through what I needed to do. Worked a treat and couldn't be happier.

• Like 2

Fit me in at short notice, they're half-way between Poole & Bedford, so it worked great to get some servicing done on my way back home after a day at Bedford Autodrome.

I wanted to change the fluids that weren't evident of being changed (coolant, steering, clutch), gearbox oil as last done 4 years previously and to lubricate the driveshafts. After Bedford, the car developed brake judder, so new front brakes were also on the menu. Car was inspected on the ramp and there was a small amount of play in the rear droplinks, so I opted to replace these to.

I went for EBC grooved discs & Ferodo DS2500s that were in stock, plus the droplinks & fluids; so I was fortunate they had everything I needed.

The waiting room was a bit cold & bleak, although the heaters were turned on. When I asked what others were doing for lunch, I received a blank response from Rich and told that everyone had brought their own. There was no offer of a lift or a suggestion of where to get some food. Rich did make me two coffees and luckily I had some snacks left over from Bedford.

After getting everything done, the last job was bleeding the clutch after draining the old fluid and installing a braided clutch line. Unfortunately, it transpired that the slave cylinder had given up. Despite both mechanics and then Jez as well, spending over an hour trying to bleed the clutch, it wasn't bleeding properly.

It appeared that it may have worked, so the plan was to drive home; they should've all finished for the day well before then, so I appreciated they'd stayed back to try to get it sorted.

Unfortunately, the clutch pedal stopped working a few minutes down the road on a roundabout and I then had a scarey journey home with an intermittently working clutch. The next day, Jez apologised for letting the car go when it wasn't fully sorted and gave me some options re slave cylinder / clutch replacement.

Other than the clutch, the work was done to a high standard and the car was much improved: brake judder and driveshaft click cured, handling more planted, brakes firmer and piece of mind that all the fluids had been changed.

If I hadn't had an awful journey home due to the clutch, I think I'd have overlooked the sub-par hospitality, esp as they'd booked me in at short notice, had everything I needed on site, did a great job mechanically otherwise and had stayed late to try and bleed the clutch successfully.

Edited by Oversteer

• 3 weeks later...

Horsham are the most local garage to me, but after my experience there this month even if I was a substantial distance away I'd be making the time to take the 350 to them in future.

They booked me in at short notice and Rich really went the extra mile keeping me informed on what was going on, what my options were, and all round just great service. Everyone there is friendly and obviously passionate about the cars they work on.

A great garage that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

• 4 months later...

Nopes no forged internals - reckon the cost would shoot right up. Reliability with the stock engine seems to be okay provided there isn't a crazy amount of boost, the 7AT appears to be the weakest link. Interestingly enough I thought the 350'z internals were more robust that the 370's? :wacko:

Now that is interesting. Perhaps the HR's, I hear that has 80% different components within the engine. Almost all improvements and many that add robustness for FI.

As I have a DE, it's a toss up between building the engine for 3-4k or save 6k and get a 370 or a very good HR 350z. Both are probably a year off from now at least.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

P3 service and spark plug change today and H-dev. The guys were awesome from the moment I arrived to the minute I left. I even got some sweets on arrival. Waited for the car in the waiting room and got brought cups of tea. Such a nice group of guys. Thank you all.

• Like 2

I've been meaning to post on here for a while! I got my 2007 HR last March and booked in a P3 service and all the fluids to be changed, at Horsham last September - absolutely fantastic job and extremely knowledgeable to boot. They listed every problem they found (just suspension wear and crap front discs) and advised on suitable upgrades.

Hats off to these guys as they certainly know their stuff and were very thorough in what they did to the car.

I'll certainly be taking my 350z there for future services :)

• Like 1

More kudos here, not had chance to post but the guys sorted out Uprev remap on my 2008 HR on a Monday morning couple weeks before Christmas. Sound chaps, could clearly see they're used to handling our cars which is reassuring. The drive home certainly woke me up haha. Have a good year chaps, cheers!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another productive day at Hdev with a service and new W brace fitted. Also nice to put a few faces to sigs on here as there was a group buy mapping day on.

Good to meet you too ZeeZee and the guys @ H-dev...hopefully my car will be ready soon for the remap :headhurt:
  • Like 2

Had new exhaust system with decats and eibach ARBs fitted by them today, really nice bunch of guys and sorted me and the girlfriend out with the tv in the waiting room which helped keep her quiet for a bit. Will be booking it in again in a couple weeks for a few more jobs and remap, will be my go to garage now.

Big thanks to H-dev

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ordered a big service pack and some other bits from H Dev. Have to say their service was second to none. They followed up on some queries/requests straight away on the phone, and everything arrived very promptly. Had to laugh at you apologising on the phone for the pronunciation of Fuchs Oil bahhahah.

• Like 1