Aircon problem

SunGodRA

My aircon hasnt been working this year so I have just had National Aircon out for a service and re-gas. I was told there is plenty of pressure in the system and no leaks. The belt, although worn is spinning the compressor pulley okay and the aircon light is 'on' on the dash, but only normal air coming through. The woman that did the service hooked up her gauges and turned aircon on - there was no drop in pressure as there should be and she said the compressor wasn't 'pulling down'. She said it could possibly be an electrical fault or maybe the compressor has blown and suggested I get an electrical engineer to investigate.

Any ideas?

I'm not too sure how it's set up in cars compared to buildings. If the compressor is belt driven in the cars then it wouldn't be that as a problem. I'm guessing there's an actuator or relay of some sort which should kick it into action. It may be a fault with this or it may be a fault with the compressor itself.

have you had the Head Unit out? If so you may have disturbed the flat white ribbon cable going into the heater/aicon module under the head unit......just my 2p worth. :thumbs:

I have been playing around with the dash so it could possibly be that - but surely the aircon light wouldnt be on if that was the case?? (I'm guessing here!)

I know what your problem is - its because a woman did the service... :thumbs:

LMAO!

Something I forgot to mention which cant be a coincidence.... my heater blows cold (but not aircon cold) when I am stationary, in traffic etc - and when I speed up it gets hot again...

I know what your problem is - its because a woman did the service... :thumbs:

LMAO!

Something I forgot to mention which cant be a coincidence.... my heater blows cold (but not aircon cold) when I am stationary, in traffic etc - and when I speed up it gets hot again...

youve got an air lock in your cooling system then. :thumbs: