2008 GT 313 Roadster *Only 9,000Mls £12,200

JAMIE MOY

I applogise if you mis read my post. I was not trying to put anyone off buying the car, only trying to help the seller sell it. I can see this is a mint genuine car and would make a very good buy for anyone. If I had seen this prior to buying mine then I would have more than likely bought it as it was exactly what I was looking for. It looks like a totally brand new genuine car.

I was only trying to advise based upon my 20 years experience in buying and selling cars, as well as helping friends and family with their purchases.

So going through my original post and trying to explain it a bit better!...

Virtually everyone who I know who wants to buy a car, the first place they look is Autotrader. Its been that way for as long as I can remember. Due to the higher cost of advertising these days, Autotrader tends to mainly be car dealers or private individuals selling higher end cars (like the zed). Therefore a lot of people now tend to also use good old ebay for selling their cars now, as you can hit a very large target audience. Apart from those 2 sites, Pistonheads is also another good site people look at as they have a large classified section. Not many people I know have actually joined a marque specific forum (like this one) when they were looking to buy a car. Sure, some people do, but most dont. Outside of that, the only other main option is to search for Nissan Used Approved Cars via the dealer network.

So my suggestion to advertise in Autotrader & Ebay was purely from my own experience of how to hit the largest amount of potential buyers.

Regarding the price. Its entirely to the OP as to what price he wants. But, again, from my perspective if you look at currently for sale cars like ive been doing this week, a 2007 313 roadster with say 30k on the clock typically is advertised for £12->£13k. Last summer the same 2007 car was £15k to £16k. So, based upon that I would expect a totally minter 2008 one like the OP`s one to be in the £14k region I suggested - to fit inline with current prices.

With regards to having a car for sale since November possibly putting joe public off - thats something ive had several friends experience, and I even have read comments on forums in the past where if a car is for sale for 6 months or more, people usually wonder why it hasnt sold and assume (quite wrongly) something maybe wrong with it. That, coupled with lowering the price quite considerably over the months to the stage where it seems to cheaper than other similar ones, might generate the wrong impression with joe public.

Obviously we all know its a genuine car as we know the history of it. We know the seller just unfortunately started trying to sell at the wrong time of year, and now has lowered the price to try and encourage a buyer - but again, joe public from my experience wont know this. They just go from what they see for sale each week and notice the same car still for sale.

As for a forum member buying. Most people on here do already have a zed. As the OP has found out, selling one isnt easy. So, if for example a member on here (like myself) wanted to buy this zed, i know id have to go through the same pain to sell my current car before I could buy his. Sure, there may be the odd member on here who doesnt have a zed and would be interested, but compared to the number of potential buyers out there on ebay / autotrader / piston heads etc.. that number will be very very small.

So, again, i appologise if my post was mis read, im not taking anything away from the OP, or trying to suggest his car isnt worth buying, im only trying to offer advice from my experience to help him sell it.

Indeed the guy a few posts up also basically said the same as me - he felt the price had lowered by more than needed, that the forum wouldnt reach a wide audience and that they bought theirs from autotrader.

I wish the OP all the best with selling, and hopefully now the nice sunny weather is here, the car will sell quickly. :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:bounce:

Right then people......... 2008 313HR roadster Reduced to £12,200 with only 9,000 mls on the clock. Absolute mint. Have to sell due to Baby boy and that I never get to use it due to working over seas. Would like it to go to a forum member hence why I have only advertised it on here.........

It's practically a new car.......... :)

Must be bargain of the century........ :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right then people......... 2008 313HR roadster Reduced to £12,200 with only 9,000 mls on the clock. Absolute mint. Have to sell due to Baby boy and that I never get to use it due to working over seas. Would like it to go to a forum member hence why I have only advertised it on here.........

It's practically a new car.......... :) :)

Must be bargain of the century........ :thumbs: :thumbs:

This car kind of fits the bill for what i'm after, just had a big redundancy payoff so have the cash sitting. Got a final interview next week for a new job and if I get it will need to pick up a car sharpish and your fairly local. Will check in next week if the interview is successful!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...