370 versions

ioneabee

2 main models as with the 350z - base and GT pack. GT pack adds leather seats, better stereo and cruise (as with the 350z). Connect Premium is the upgraded entertainment system which adds touch screen nav and better ipod integration and HDD "jukebox" (can rip CDs to MP3s upto 10GB).

Ultimate was the first MY09 offer where you get a fully loaded 370z (nav, illumiated kick plates, etc) all included in the price and available in yellow with or without stickerage.

40th/Black Edition was the MY10 special which came with special red interior, callipers, dark wheels and limited numbers (370 for the whole of Europe)

GT Edition is the MY11 special edition which comes with revised suspension for the UK, better sound deadening underneath and a sticker down the side.

Think that covers it :thumbs:

why are some of the ads (on auto trader etc) stating 370Z GT (sat Nav) - is this the same as 370Z GT (Connect Premium) ?, but just done like this out of lack of knowledge ?

the letters down the side, I'm assuming you mean as on most of the yellow editions

thanks

Sat Nav = Connect Premium if the car is an MY10+. MY09 has sat nav but not connect premium. Connect premium replaced standard sat nav for MY10 onwards and added touchscreen, HDD jukebox and better ipod connectivity to the satnav unit. In MY11+ cars, they have added reversing camera to the Connect Premium bundle as an option I think (it may be included in the price, dont know havent seen the prices).

Confusingly, there is both GT pack (upgrade on standard model) and now GT Edition for 2011 which is a special offer which includes smoke wheels like the Black Edition and some sticker down the side.

Ultimate (yellow) and GT Edition are the two that can come with stickers. Dont think you will see any GT Editions on Autotrader yet as they are a MY11 car I think and not release yet.

I think there was a few MY09 owners that were quite rightly upset at the very quick upgrade to the MY10 cars in respect of the Connect Premiium sat nav. In the same way, I'll be envious of the GT Edition on MY11 with the reversing camera linked to the sat nav screen and the uprated suspension (an easy mod though). It remains to be seen if this can be retro fitted, it would be something I'd be interested in.

The MY11 GT Edition has also got a bit of a price hike, I think, may be off the mark on that.

I am very pleased with the Connect stuff, the traffic updates are very handy, although, like all factory fitted nav systems, they all too readily become dated, as happened with Mazdas RX8 system, very cool motorised screen lift, but very dated firmware and updated discs were being charged at £100+, no blue tooth and very basic. In saying that, it never failed me in the two big 4k+ Euro trips I had in her.

Reversing cams can be fitted to MY09 cars, just not easily. I forget the name of the company in the States, but they make an AUX in adapter which allows you to run backup cam - just dont get the lines. MY10 can get the harness from the States which is dead easy to fit and a lot cheaper than its likely to cost from Nissan on the MY11 :thumbs:

Sat Nav = Connect Premium if the car is an MY10+. MY09 has sat nav but not connect premium. Connect premium replaced standard sat nav for MY10 onwards and added touchscreen, HDD jukebox and better ipod connectivity to the satnav unit. In MY11+ cars, they have added reversing camera to the Connect Premium bundle as an option I think (it may be included in the price, dont know havent seen the prices).

from my test drive, really quite poor rear view - think a reversing camera is going to be a must !!

specially as my wife will have to drive it on the odd occasion :blackeye:

Confusingly, there is both GT pack (upgrade on standard model) and now GT Edition for 2011 which is a special offer which includes smoke wheels like the Black Edition and some sticker down the side.

Ultimate (yellow) and GT Edition are the two that can come with stickers. Dont think you will see any GT Editions on Autotrader yet as they are a MY11 car I think and not release yet.

where do you get the info from ? - when i go to the main nissan site for car configuration etc, its not allowing any of the above as standard options (other than GT or non GT) ie camera etc is extra...I think :blink:

Looooots of reading from around the net. Most of it comes from the States - www.the370z.com - they get stuff first, then we get it the year after usually. You also have the press releases, they give the incremental updates from model to model. It also helps having contacts at NMGB and dealerships ;)