New, about to buy a 350Z but...

...thought I would come here first, sign up, say hi and get a few snippets of info. If I am in the wrong place of course pick me up and drop me in the right place :D

I bought an Astra last year then signed up to a forum and then realised what I should have been looking out for etc. Luckily I got a good car, but lessons learned...

My budget is 10k and hoping to get something with a 04 plate and under 50k miles on the clock.

Is there anything I should be looking out for?

Is the GT pack worth the extra money as I would have to maybe get an older version?

Ta

Col

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome to the forum. I would say service history is as important as low mileage. The mileage wouldnt worry me too much if the book is stamped.

GT pack will help resale but its down to wether you want the toys IMO.

Check out the post in the FAQ section, some handy links for new members in there. :)

Strangely enough all the 350z`s i looked at had the GT pack, so I think if you bought one without this, it would really stand out in the market place as a negative point.

Id try and buy from an enthusiast if possible, although thats not always possible. Service history and condition would be more important to me than mileage - but with your budget you should be able to find something easily enough id have thought.

For my budget, I am restricting the miles to under 50k when looking online, also coming with full service history and mostly coming out as non GT for some reason. I think if the mileage is creeping up to 80k for instance I would probably swerve it even if it had full history etc...

I will probably have a play with it - my current car I put lower springs on, carbon fiber wrapped the grill and stuck in a touch screen dvd player :teeth:

Given that it's a sports car will probably like to tinker with the engine, also add some side sills etc.

In that case it may be worth a look at some of the modded cars on here. As a rule they need to be stripped back to standard to sell and then the mods are sold off.

If you can find one that you like and has been done to a good standard it would save you and the seller a lot of work and heartache. :)

The one on Autotrader looks O.K. As soon as I looked at the Pistonheads advert I had a bad feeling about it. A bit of research showed the same contact number being used to sell a BMW X5 in Scotland with a different contact name.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... ogle.co.uk

There may be a valid reason for this but my gut feeling says avoid!

Welcome to the forum BTW :)

Pete

The one on Autotrader looks O.K. As soon as I looked at the Pistonheads advert I had a bad feeling about it. A bit of research showed the same contact number being used to sell a BMW X5 in Scotland with a different contact name.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... ogle.co.uk

There may be a valid reason for this but my gut feeling says avoid!

Welcome to the forum BTW :)

Pete

Thats a 'phonesafe' number Pete........I think they reuse the same numbers after one advert expires.

:welcome: 9k gets you a very decent motor these days mate......don't give in an anything you've got doubts about. Maybe worth seeing if a member is local to go and look at one with you.