Replica Chargespeed rear bumper with a twist

Tarmac@TarmacSportz

Hi all

Something I looked into end of last year and have not followed up as yet , I think I even mentioned it with Wasso .

I got in touch with a company called Aero kit after seeing them at one of last years shows and expressed an interest in designing a replica chargespeed rear bumper. Slight twist if we wanted would be that instead of the rear square indentation for the reg plate we would have it designed with a rectanglular uk design making it a bit more unique . B)

Aero kit are one of the only UK based manufacurers of bodykits and all their kits are made on their premises in the Hertfordshire. They are also the only bodykit company that does a 'guaranteed fitment' offer, They also use a higher grade of material than most bodykit manufacturers (especially the chinese products you see on ebay), Ive copied and pasted a section of one of my emails about the quality:

the quality of our bumpers are dare i say even better than Chargespeed. Chargespeed tend to use a spray gelcoat which is very thin and often can cause problems when cheaper paint is used on it. They also use less matting than we do. most chargespeed products are laid 450 grams, we use 600grams on most of our products.

The only issues are is that they would need an original bumper which may have to be factored in to the price somewhere, we could resell and split the difference lost on it (rought estimate extra £25 each), the original bumper would be used to make the mould and would have a few pinholes in it afterwards but would be easily prepped up by a bodyshop for resale. They would also need a car for a week as they will not create any products without test fitting, I wouldnt mind loaning mine if no one nearer offered.

I did get a rough price estimate back end of last year of £220+ vat for the bumper (without insert) but this would need to be confirmed,

They also quoted me for the insert £190+vat but at the time that was only available in black fibre glass although they were in the process of introducing carbon so I would need to check. Having spoke to a few members with chargespeed rears some of them have decided to go without the insert and it does look fine anyway. Plus im sure if we couldnt get carbon and you were desperate then RTCustomz could probably offer a carbon service.

We would really need 10 people interested to make this worth while, it will be a quality product and as mentioned not the usual ebay type cheap and cheerful stuff so the price reflects this and I personally think its a great opportunity to get what is definately the best looking rear bumper for the 350z.

Look forward to hearing your comments good or bad plus any positive input or ideas, as mentioned this is just in infant stage and just seeing if there is much interest.

Cheers Tarmac

3106.gif

350z%20breakdown%2015.jpg

I think I'd be very much interested in this Tarmac :thumbs:

How does it measure up to the standard skirts and front bumper (in terms of height)? Do you have a pic at all? Just wondering if it looks odd when on a car with with OEM trimmings front and side.

(I'd have to buy skirts and front end separately over the year you see :blush: )

:clap:B) Congrats mate, sounds like a viable option.....

So all that money spent on my Chargespeed could have been saved.

Don't forget those extra grams of material will add weight to the car ;):lol:

It will be a great saving for those who wish for a great bumper.... I chose the Chargespeed rear as they are hard to get hold of, now they are going to be everywhere :scare:

Any chance they can make a Nismo V3 front??

How does it measure up to the standard skirts and front bumper (in terms of height)? Do you have a pic at all? Just wondering if it looks odd when on a car with with OEM trimmings front and side.

(I'd have to buy skirts and front end separately over the year you see :blush: )

The second pic on the blue car is standard, obviously it would look better with skirts and bumper. Im thinking Nismo skirts and Aerosync bumper B)

Don't forget those extra grams of material will add weight to the car ;):lol:

Any chance they can make a Nismo V3 front??

You and your weight loss :lol: It will be minimal :thumbs:

Yes - if you provide me with an original for the mould and Ive already quoted you on that :lol:

Rear comes down a lot further than oem bumper.Think it would look out of place with oem skirts and front.

Would they or do they do chargespeed replica side skirts too?

they could do them but we would need originals to do the mould and then enough interest 5 or more people to get them done so probably not viable.

Personally I think the Nismo skirts are the best, I will probably ask Paul to get me some Shine ones.

I've also had in mind about creating an aerosync front bumper replica, when that bumper first came out it was $299 but now it's $499 plus delivery taxes duty etc your looking at £600-£700 landed, albeit it won't be made out of the same material but it will definatey look the part at a much more respectable price.

Would they or do they do chargespeed replica side skirts too?

they could do them but we would need originals to do the mould and then enough interest 5 or more people to get them done so probably not viable.

Personally I think the Nismo skirts are the best, I will probably ask Paul to get me some Shine ones.

I've also had in mind about creating an aerosync front bumper replica, when that bumper first came out it was $299 but now it's $499 plus delivery taxes duty etc your looking at £600-£700 landed, albeit it won't be made out of the same material but it will definatey look the part at a much more respectable price.

Want the aerosync front also. :thumbs:

when you say aerosync am i right in thinking thats the one thats like a nismo n1 but smoothed badge? if so im up for one. im sick of my crap fitting kit :thumbdown:

Yes matey, Smoothed out badge and air intake B)

Any photo's? I'm kind of looking for Nismo N1 front bumper & sides (looking for a different rear than the spats though) - can't quite decide though.