LUNCHTIME AT ULTIMATESHINE

Vik54

What did you do on your lunch hour today? I was stopping off to see Paul at Ultimateshine to get report and quote on the gritter damage and Saffy was in dire need of a bath :blush: So Paul gave her a quick once (thrice) over - I love it when she's shineeee :clap:

This morning sitting with her equally dirty neighbour

5409995727_ffa456fcbf_z.jpg

quick wheel wash, degrease and warm rinse

5410001715_4a6d5749ae_z.jpg

snowy :teeth:

5410624762_31bff3db32_z.jpg

followed by a quick two bucket wash and another snow foam

Tadaaaaa - isn't she gorg

5410022479_0956cdc36c_z.jpg

This quick wash meant we could take proper pics of the damage caused by the gritter :evil::bang: - I'll maybe post them at a later date once the Council insurers have seen them ;)

For those of you in Scotland here's Pauls website http://www.theultimateshine.com/ can well recommend :thumbs:

Vik you lazy sod..... get out there and wash your car yourself :lol:

Says he with a wee bit of vinyl to wipe and who used to use the Polish lads down the road :p:lol:

I had a choice beween two buckets and a cold hose :cold: or an hour stood under cover watching Saffy have a nice gentle warm bath - I think I made the right choice :thumbs:

Saffy would have been pleased too ;):thumbs:

Says he with a wee bit of vinyl to wipe and who used to use the Polish lads down the road :p:lol:

I had a choice beween two buckets and a cold hose :cold: or an hour stood under cover watching Saffy have a nice gentle warm bath - I think I made the right choice :thumbs:

Vinyl is hard to keep clean as you have the choice of waxing the car.... so when she gets dirty a simple wash makes it look all nice again........ Matt vinyl..... especially in bright orange is a nightmare to keep clean :lol::blush: Who used the polish lads???????????? No me.... I may have used the car wash a few times but I got right into my detailing... just ask stew..... he is the baha that got me into it :blush::lol:

Whats the outcome likely to be Vik? Think council will shell out for a full detail?

I'm not going to discuss any negotiations publicly Craig ;) But put it this way as far as I'm concerned a professional correction detail is the bare minimum I am prepared to accept.

What a mucky puppy. Must have gone so much faster with all that clean shiny less drag co-efficency. :drive1

:lol: Haven't had a chance to find that out - its :cold::boat: here at the moment - I kid you not - I think I aquaplaned basically the whole 22 miles home last night :scare::drive1

What a mucky puppy. Must have gone so much faster with all that clean shiny less drag co-efficency. :drive1

:lol: Haven't had a chance to find that out - its :cold::boat: here at the moment - I kid you not - I think I aquaplaned basically the whole 22 miles home last night :scare::drive1

Just equip some ski's on the Z, quick ride home. :lol::scare:

I got hit by a load of grit from a wagon probably doing in the region of 50pmh in the opposite direction to me a couple of years ago - when I went to the Local Authority to make a claim - they just turned it down flat and basically said thats just tough luck - normal wear and tear etc, we have to grit the road etc.....GO AWAY

filled in the paint holes myself and sold the car

but if it ever happens again - I'll take 'em to the small claims court

I got hit by a load of grit from a wagon probably doing in the region of 50pmh in the opposite direction to me a couple of years ago - when I went to the Local Authority to make a claim - they just turned it down flat and basically said thats just tough luck - normal wear and tear etc, we have to grit the road etc.....GO AWAY

filled in the paint holes myself and sold the car

but if it ever happens again - I'll take 'em to the small claims court

If it had been out on the open road I wouldn't even be wasting my energy trying to claim from the LA :shrug: But it wasn't - it happened when the car was parked up at home - see this http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=43864

hmm - I work for LA too and know the position you find your self in

Did they agree to the detailing - I would doubt it !!

on a 2nd point about cars parked on the side of the road - see my pics here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=45571

luckily my next door neighbour saw it happen - 'coz the teenager who did it then drove off !! :rant: