AdvancedME goes for 1kbhp with the Z

advancedme

Just about ready to fire her up now. All fluids filled and primed for oil pressure now :-)

Will be firing her up in the morning we hope :-)

Check out the £120 worth of inlet manifold gaskets!!!! Nissan UK are taking the Pee.... :-( Needed a window regulator today and they wanted £340!!!!

Engine ran in today.

Did a quick power run at the end with no water Meth and on old VPower fuel and she made 634bhp on the wastegates at 11psi. Thats only 20bhp down on the old set-up at 18psi with water meth!

Video of the power run is here

Enjoy. Now to inspect the engine and get the nos system up and running!

Heck, so if you're running the NOS, water meth and an increase in boost, you could see in excess of 1Kbhp??

Thats the idea I think. 1000BHP was the conservative/safe power they are aiming for :thumbs:

This car is just insane!!

What makes me laugh is it's still a standard car inside, something you'd see in the street and never know it's got a monster under the hood!

Just brilliant!! :#1:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm afraid the latest update is bad news :-(

At 825BHP at the Hubs (approx 950bhp at crank) WITHOUT NOS the headgasket has failed. We're putting this down to the cylinder head lifting and are now beginning the process of stripping the engine out to see what we can do to increase the sealing loads....

DOH!!!!

This is the joy of pushing the Envelope!

Dan , thats bad luck , I am sure your get it sorted thou.

We havent had any problem with lifting the heads on the Project Z.

Presume your running studs not bolts? what headgasket you using?

Is the block linered? what type of liners?

Good luck anyway.

Mark

Dan , thats bad luck , I am sure your get it sorted thou.

We havent had any problem with lifting the heads on the Project Z.

Presume your running studs not bolts? what headgasket you using?

Is the block linered? what type of liners?

Good luck anyway.

Mark

Hi mark its got darton liners with cometic head gaskets and arp L19 studs.

:scare: must be some amount of pressure in there! at what PSI was that? Good luck continuing to push the envelope, that'll hit highest Europe figures for a road car I'm sure? :thumbs:

(350Z that is)

Hi mate that was about 24psi :)

Tony, (and Dan)

I would questions the head gaskets to be honest 1st , I have never liked Cometic gaskets, when you strip a motor fitted with a Cometic gaskets they are never stuck to either the head gasket/block not like HKS or oter makes of Metal gaskets.

But the problem you have just had are a real head ache to sort out , people think just bolt the cylinder head on tighter that will sort the problem but it doesnt work like that I am afraid.

good luck any questions ask away.

Mark

Tony, (and Dan)

I would questions the head gaskets to be honest 1st , I have never liked Cometic gaskets, when you strip a motor fitted with a Cometic gaskets they are never stuck to either the head gasket/block not like HKS or oter makes of Metal gaskets.

But the problem you have just had are a real head ache to sort out , people think just bolt the cylinder head on tighter that will sort the problem but it doesnt work like that I am afraid.

good luck any questions ask away.

Mark

Hi mark we are thinking about putting 14mm head studs in and cosworth head gaskets what do you think thanks ? :)

You can , but it will cost money like most things. I am sure there will be something around.
I'm sure it's only a small dent in the wallet if you think about the total build cost, a small price to pay to keep things from blowing up :thumbs:

You can , but it will cost money like most things. I am sure there will be something around.
I'm sure it's only a small dent in the wallet if you think about the total build cost, a small price to pay to keep things from blowing up :thumbs:

Assuming you can get better quality than the cometic/cosworth ones from the custom builders.

Assuming you can get better quality than the cometic/cosworth ones from the custom builders.

assuming that yes. :thumbs::teeth: