Thinking of getting a bike...

djrm

Yep, he's my best mate. It's Duncan.

You'd need to register it but you don't need lights, indicators, etc, etc like most people think. The bike in the first pic I posted is road legal and has pretty much nothing!

You could run it on the off road tyres but the front brakes can be a bit weedy for road work and you'll get insane corners with a SM set up so keep an eye out on ebay. Grab my number off Rich is you want to know anything else mate.

Yep, he's my best mate. It's Duncan.

You'd need to register it but you don't need lights, indicators, etc, etc like most people think. The bike in the first pic I posted is road legal and has pretty much nothing!

You could run it on the off road tyres but the front brakes can be a bit weedy for road work and you'll get insane corners with a SM set up so keep an eye out on ebay. Grab my number off Rich is you want to know anything else mate.

Oh cool, thanks for the info mate!

I'm seeing him tonight, we're doing Scorch... I'll tell him you say hi! lol B)

I got an SV650S after I passed my test last year, its only a 650 but it will put just about every car to shame. You can pick them up really cheap, it weighs next to nothing and if you bin it the parts are fairly cheap. I had looked at a GSXR600 but I could only touch the ground with my tip toes and it really put me off buying as a first bike, so I got the SV as a stepping stone. I love it, but you still need the Zed when its raining :lol:

got a tuned ZX12r and love it! 174bhp at the rear wheel and have seen an indicated 202mph (more like 185 corrected)

have had zx6, bandit 12, TL1000s, FZR1000 and ridden loads more.... great fun but can be dangerous! have a scar or mark on each limb and most are due to stupid drivers.

will try and dig out a few pics :thumbs:

is riding a big slow chug chug cruiser in a harley style a safer bike to ride?

Riding within your limits (you won't reach a decent bikes limit unless you are amazing....) and expecting the enexpected will help keep you alive.

You ride the style of bike you like or that suits you.