Temper Orange - Is It Just 'Asbo' Orange?

im00

go in eyes wide open; check everything, and then check it all again when you collect. check the tyres are legal, there was talk that they showed the car with good tyres on; then swapped them onto another car and put crap ones on the the car you buy.

check all parts, panel gaps and history if you can. double check any warranty you have with them and any conditons on the purchase. they are well known for being alright with the sale, but then if there is a problem they don't want to know and basically fob you off till you get bored.

apparently one of the sales men is a complete tool but the others are ok.

they do get good cars in; mine ende dup there when they must have bought it at auction. but they are also known for getting in some absolute turds that they polish and then punt.

like i said eyes wide open

The Grey is on a 56 plate and the orange on a 57 plate. The grey has 26,000 miles though whilst the orange has 30,000 and the orange has sat nav and azalean leather.

Defo go with the TO car then if it's in decent nick etc as you'll be getting virtually the same mileage but with the latest engine and Sat Nav.

No brainer to me as long as the car stands up and you like it.

GM vs TO ...... the Orange has to win every day, seen it in the flesh and looks B) As Sarnie says as long as it stands up and most importantly YOU LIKE IT then go for it.

Its different and there are not may about so resale should not be a problem. :thumbs:

go in eyes wide open; check everything, and then check it all again when you collect. check the tyres are legal, there was talk that they showed the car with good tyres on; then swapped them onto another car and put crap ones on the the car you buy.

check all parts, panel gaps and history if you can. double check any warranty you have with them and any conditons on the purchase. they are well known for being alright with the sale, but then if there is a problem they don't want to know and basically fob you off till you get bored.

apparently one of the sales men is a complete tool but the others are ok.

they do get good cars in; mine ende dup there when they must have bought it at auction. but they are also known for getting in some absolute turds that they polish and then punt.

like i said eyes wide open

They had your car didn't they?

I bought mine in November 2009 and 17k miles later it is still going very strong on the same tyres ;)

I have had a new clutch but then thats a consumable part, everything else I have done to the car has been through choice :thumbs:

Just check the car as you would any other and don't listen to all the scaremongering :scare:

the thing about orange or yellow cars is that there like marmite you either love them or hate them & this has the follow on effect when you come to sell them. personally i hate them but each to there own! temper is nicer than the tango imo but i still dont like it!

The resale market is smaller for orange/yellow cars for sure, but within that market, the people that do like orange/yellows car, like them so much that resale should never be a problem, added to the fact that there aren't many orange/yellow cars about means that they usually don't hang around. Supply and demand and all that ;)

When you sell a GM car, you are competing with about 150 other GM cars for sale. There will never be more than 2 or 3 yellow or orange cars or sale at any one time.....

I would love to have the Orange when I bought my roadster nothing like that was around then a week after I bought a Gun Metal I found a dealer selling an Orange I was gutted but that's sods law :shrug: I have yet to see an Orange on the road yet but can imagine they look the part in the summer sun B)

defo go for Orange!