The 2011 F1 Chat Thread

Beavis

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the Mclaren does well this season. I think Pirelli tyres will work quite well for Jenson as well as they're set to disintegrate quicker and Jenson knows how to work tyres. Of course I'm hoping Lewis has a good season as well.

+1 :thumbs:

Would like to hope Jenson can make the tyres last, although he does often complain about not getting enough heat into them - perhaps just a shade too conservative with his driving style. Would certainly like to see some more of the 11/10ths stuff from him as when does have the bit between his teeth his passing moves are often brilliant and he rarely ends up in a tangle, unlike Lewis who seems to let his balls rule his head at times.

Confirmation that Mclarens car shown to the public was a dud :dry:

http://in.reuters.com/article/2011/02/0 ... 5520110204

But looks very similar to the one tested yesterday by Hamilton ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 393011.stm

Have a look at the vids in this link

http://www.telegraphbuzz.com/robert-kub ... ideo-2458/

Do you really think Mclaren would openly assemble in a public area the car that is going to actually race?

Also on that are some disturbing vids of Kubica's accident - the first a simulation that shows how the car struck the armco and that it came right through the car and then in car footage from the following competitor where you see towards the end the result and hear the reaction of the crew :scare:

I feel really bad for Robert,great driver,and i think Renault have got a car to run towards the front this year and win some races. Its such a nasty accident,i hope he makes a full recovery. Must be gutting for Renault too. Petrov is a good driver,just lacking in experience.

Todays testing times make interesting reading. Nice to see Virgin making progress :)

1 Michael Schumacher (Ger) Mercedes one minute 20.352 seconds

2 Felipe Massa (Brz) Ferrari 1:20.413

3 Jenson Button (GB) McLaren-Mercedes 1:21.009

4 Jaime Alguersuari (Spa) Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:21.214

5 Mark Webber (Aus) Red Bull-Renault 1:21.613

6 Adrian Sutil (Ger) Force India-Mercedes 1:21.780

7 Sergio Perez (Mex) Sauber-Ferrari 1:21.857

8 Timo Glock (Ger) Virgin-Cosworth 1:22.208

9 Vitaly Petrov (Rus) Renault 1:22.493

10 Pastor Maldonado (Ven) Williams-Cosworth 1:22.591

11 Jarno Trulli (Ita) Lotus-Renault 1:23.216

Pete

That's a shame on one hand

Really? I think it's great news, and hopefully it'll be cancelled this year altogether. Bahrain is an incredibly tedious track to watch others drive on, and I'm so glad that we've gone back to Australia for the opener of the season, might get some proper racing action now!

That's a shame on one hand

Really? I think it's great news, and hopefully it'll be cancelled this year altogether. Bahrain is an incredibly tedious track to watch others drive on, and I'm so glad that we've gone back to Australia for the opener of the season, might get some proper racing action now!

+1 Last years race was dire! Australia was a great race. :thumbs:

I don't think it'll be missed and I get the feeling that it won't get slotted in later this year.

+1 - the schedule is pretty busy already

Rumours are it'll be the season finale, which this year would have to be in December due to the full calendar.

Considering there are 'tens of thousands' protesting on the streets today, who knows what will happen. I would be personally doubtful it will ever see the light of day again.

Interesting rumour going around that Nissan's luxury brand Infiniti will announce a tie up with Red Bull Racing on Monday!!

Pete

Most likely confirmation of Renault engine rebadge to Infiniti. :) Would make sense if you think about it, Renault have their own team anyway so this will promote the Infinti brand more in Europe especially because at the end of the day its all about the Renault-Nissan alliance ;)