0% finance on the Black Edition

mpkayeuk

I phoned Nissan Customer Service. Guy told me it was a frequent question (about national dealer stock) and that they had no idea what the dealers had in stock! I was quite shocked to be honest. So basically he said it's up to me to phone them all :o Madness.

Motorline are now saying the same, no stock (and, confusingly, he was able to do a national stock lookup, but whether that was all dealers or just motorline I don't know)... looking highly unlikely that there are still new Black Editions out there in the channel.

He also said if I wanted a regular GT with Orange leather that it would be a 6 month wait for a factory order! Really? That can't be true can it?

The problem I have is that the car isn't really needed, it will be a second car anyway, so I want it to be right. I might just wait for the next special edition and hope I like it.

OK - I have it on good (but not confirmed) authority that there are just 2 Black Editions left unregistered out of the UK stock. This does not mean there arent more out there on the forecourts already registered and waiting to be sold and my contact is looking into whats really out there, but there should be 2 out there for sale somewhere *potentially* - they may be sold and not registered yet.

In December, I got a 2010 370z GT Sat Nav Coupe through orangewheels for just under 31K had to go to Harrogate to pick it up, but it was about 4.5K saving off the list price iirc. I Couldn't finance a used one for less.

Got 0% with the discounted price with 25% deposit its costing 269 pcm. Couldnt say no.

Took 1 week to take delivery.

Love it :)

Okay guys, big thanks to Chris for his excellent sleuthing. Deposit has been placed and 0% finance auto-approved on the very last (apparently) unregistered Black Edition (in Quartz). The 0% PCP deposits have gone up to 30% for 2011!

It was an interesting buying experience as it seems we were in competition with another member from here (sorry dude, whoever you are) and NMGB themselves. They had requested the car be returned to them yesterday morning, no reason given, which is very interesting!

List price had risen £950 for 2011 but I got it for 2010 price plus a significant discount, which was a surprise given the competition, all I basically did was ask for it and I got it. So in the end it's 9,700 down and £200 a month. Cheap as chips, as far as free money can get any cheaper :)

Once again, thanks Chris, the missus owes you a big kiss :D Pics to follow on delivery :D

In December, I got a 2010 370z GT Sat Nav Coupe through orangewheels for just under 31K had to go to Harrogate to pick it up, but it was about 4.5K saving off the list price iirc. I Couldn't finance a used one for less.

Got 0% with the discounted price with 25% deposit its costing 269 pcm. Couldnt say no.

Took 1 week to take delivery.

Love it :)

Was there a final payment at the end?

Whats the balloon?

Can someone explain to me what the deal with the balloon payment is?

Can someone explain to me what the deal with the balloon payment is?

You pay it (you could take a loan for this or cash if you have it), and own the car. Or you use any equity in the car as a deposit via part exchange on a new car. Or you hand the car back to Nissan with nothing more to pay.

Glad it all worked out for another member of the site :#1: Remember to get your name down on the owners thread when you get the car and know the number :thumbs:

Also, we are hoping to get something together this year with NMGB as its the 40th Anniversary of Zeds in the UK (as opposed to last year being Zeds world wide) B)

yeah bud you obviously got in there first :thumbs: i spoke to them and asked them to send me the finance details but they never got back to me so i assumed it was snaped up :teeth:

if any more appear i will be on the case, but yours is seemingly the last available :thumbs:

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

Strangely enough - I was offered a new Black edition yesterday from a dealer, who said it was no problem !!

This is a brand new dealership - been open for 3 weeks - methinks they may not know........or they've latched onto a new source ??

Nope - he had a fully spec'd up GT there (in blue) - which he then said must be a black edition because it had everything on it (except the red seats obviously and it was blue)

It's not a black then mate, they only came in grey and black. The salesman doesn't know what he's selling, they'll tell you anything.

Thats what 3 weeks in the job gets you !!!!

it's not really rocket science is it ??

shame really - 'cos for not much more you had a special edition - would probably have gone for it

Like the idea of orangewheels.com though - seemingly forcing the local price down by about £4K :yahoo: