Oil & Radiator Caps

flyboy

Saw these for sale by Vic54 and was gutted to have missed them for £25 the pair.

Have found them on Ebay in the states for $21.95 but shipping is $22.95 to the UK

If more sets are ordered then shipping for the subsiquent sets combined is $10.95

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISSAN-3 ... ories#shId B)

Anyone else interested???? or better still does anyone know if they are available over here.

Dont think this classes as a group buy but if it does sorry if I broke the posting rules.

Still wet behind the ears! :blush:

Ok 3 peoples interested quite quickley so I have emailed the guy asking for a shipped wholesale price on 5 sets and 10 sets I will let you guys know the answer and then we have to figure out how to do this within the forum rules, exchange rate and possible vat sting on arrival. Not looking to make anything on this but dont want to lose out by getting the vat sting.

Ok Guys.

I have a price for multiples of 5 sets which factoring in customs charges and re posting out comes to £27.50 per set.

If everyone is still interested at this then I will set up a group buy and get the mods to move this post.

Obviously I want a set and there are 5 others who expressed an intrest so we would need 4 more to get this up to 10 sets if you all still want a set.

Let me know by Friday if you can as the longer we leave it more chance of the exchange rate moving.

Martin

sorry,i didnt know if this would get off the ground,so ordered a set the other day,just had an email to say they are en-route.

No Prob Daryl thats why I posted the E bay link in the first place.

The forums for sharing!

We will only save about £7 anyway if it comes off.

Just a word of warning here guys. These are NOT genuine Nissan or Nismo items. We have seen these kind of things before and in most cases they are just cheap items with knock off stickers on them. A while back I remember a friend in a car club I used to be in having bought one of these oil caps for his Honda, which had a Mugen sticker but otherwise exactly the same design as the one on this auction page. It became stuck fast resulting in him having to buy a new rocker cover.

It's cheap for a reason.

That said, that is a very good price. A genuine Nismo emblem would cost more than that on its own!

Louise

Just a word of warning here guys. These are NOT genuine Nissan or Nismo items. We have seen these kind of things before and in most cases they are just cheap items with knock off stickers on them. A while back I remember a friend in a car club I used to be in having bought one of these oil caps for his Honda, which had a Mugen sticker but otherwise exactly the same design as the one on this auction page. It became stuck fast resulting in him having to buy a new rocker cover.

It's cheap for a reason.

That said, that is a very good price. A genuine Nismo emblem would cost more than that on its own!

Louise

And on that note - I'm out. :shrug:

It's cheap for a reason.

Louise

And on that note - I'm out. :shrug:

I totaly agree these are not Nismo items just a bit of cheap bling for the engine bay. If you need Nismo items then go and pay £80 a cap.

Do not buy these if you are not capable of deciding if the thread is too tight a fit or do not know when a cross thread is about to occur if its too sloppy a fit.

IMHO there should not be a problem at all with a mass produced machined billet oil cap,(Just like the generic blue ones JDM sells) but there again I have a degree in engineering and can make my own decisions on things like this.

As the quality has been questioned with a tale of woe attached, I have ordered a single set for myself and will report back when I have tried them.

Obviously once I have a set there will be no incentive for me to organise a group buy, but I am sure someone else may take this up once a couple of people on the forum have tried them out.

I will Pm those who expressed intrest to let them know its off for now.

As you say as long as you can tell if you have overtightened a cap I think you should be ok. To be on the safe side you could always apply something like a little copper grease to the thread just to make sure couldn't you?

As you probably know (and will see when you get yours from Scotland), they tighten onto a rubber gasket and there is zero chance of them getting stuck unless they are cross threaded. :yawn:

If you are going to get one of these stuck then you should not be opening your bonnet in the first place, leave it shut and take it to the garage when the red light comes on!. :scare:

Anyway the spoiler worked and the group buy is off, mine (as I think most people who liked the look of them) are on the way individually. :boxing:

Just not worth the hassle. :byebye:

As you say as long as you can tell if you have overtightened a cap I think you should be ok. To be on the safe side you could always apply something like a little copper grease to the thread just to make sure couldn't you?

As you probably know (and will see when you get yours from Scotland), they tighten onto a rubber gasket and there is zero chance of them getting stuck unless they are cross threaded. :yawn:

If you are going to get one of these stuck then you should not be opening your bonnet in the first place, leave it shut and take it to the garage when the red light comes on!. :scare:

Anyway the spoiler worked and the group buy is off, mine (as I think most people who liked the look of them) are on the way individually. :boxing:

Just not worth the hassle. :byebye:

Yeah my thoughts exactly, even a bonnet dodger like me couldn't **** it up.... I hope :lol:

I will post a pic of my caps when I get them :thumbs: