Intermittent Electric Window Problem

GINGERMONKEY67

Hi

Has anyone encountered a problem with their electric windows stopping working randomly?

My drivers window packed in a few weeks ago. Figured the fuse had gone. Pulled a few out, none blown. Then the window was working fine. Since then it has decided to not work on quite a few occasions, only to start working again in a matter of minutes usually. But right now it seems to have gone offline without wanting to come back on.

Anyone had any similar problems? It sounds like a loose connection somewhere, so I guess I am trying to figure out the most likely place for it. The trim lights are illuminated on the window switches on the door, so there is power going through the fitting. It cant be the motor, because it generally starts working again, and the motor doesn't sound weak or about to fail.

Cheers

Dave

Hello there,

I had this problem a month or so ago, right pain in the buttocks it was. :thumbdown:

I was going to buy a window motor off zmanalex and I probably still will have to in the not so distant future but I managed to fix my motor. There are a couple of guides on here, I'll get back to you...