Replacing oem power steering and coolant tanks?

Wasso

Coolant is easy, can do that with minimal fluid loss. Power steering is a bit harder , imo its easier(cleaner) to drain it & then remove it. Remove both but fit the power steering first or you will have to remove the coolant tank again to fit it.

the powersteering gave me a bit of a headache, i should have drained it , but hey you learn from your mistakes :lol:

I emptied mine with a turkey baster, then connected new one, topped up and job done :thumbs:

Looks like a job for next Sunday then. Just out of curiosity, should I be replacing the coolant and steering fluid to do the job properly??

The only doubt I have about this whole this is the bottles have no way of indicating max or low volumes. Therefore if I empty both systems how will I know how much fluid to replace with? There is the alternative of retaining the current fluids I guess? :wacko:

the powersteering gave me a bit of a headache, i should have drained it , but hey you learn from your mistakes :lol:

I emptied mine with a turkey baster, then connected new one, topped up and job done :thumbs:

Looks like a job for next Sunday then. Just out of curiosity, should I be replacing the coolant and steering fluid to do the job properly??

The only doubt I have about this whole this is the bottles have no way of indicating max or low volumes. Therefore if I empty both systems how will I know how much fluid to replace with? There is the alternative of retaining the current fluids I guess? :wacko:

The coolant is just a overflow so wont have much in if any, but this is determined by the rest of the cars coolant system. In the powersteering bottle there should be a metal frame and the steering fluid should be just above that I think.