350z Mild Crash - the beginning of a Z4 Review....

njlee

Gentle-people

Apologies for rudely ignoring my thread for a bit - been a bit busy.

Couple of points:

1: This is an interesting discussion, thank you.

2: I am going to start a new thread in a sec with the first z4 impressions, so if you are following for that, check the index.

3: I was interested in the use of the term 'accidents' - incidentally, in New Zealand where I grew up, about 20 years ago the government made a big point of instructing all media, news agencies and such like to stop using the term 'accident', and instead use the term 'crash'. Their point was that in almost all cases someone is at fault, and using the word 'accident' gives what they argued was the wrong impression - so their idea was that people would think more carefully in a general sense. It's an interesting point, and I still have a wry smile whenever I hear the word 'accident' over here (I've lived here 11 years this latest time).

Note - I have no opinion on this - I just think it is an interesting example of how a social policy body tries to change the way you think about stuff.