Tyre Pressure

oxfordlad

Just noticed this morning once at work one of rear tires looks abit low/ almost flat but no warning lights in the car.

I thought the 370Z came with tyre pressure warning lights or am I mistaken?

Gutted could mean a new rear tyre and only after 2200k on the clock!!!! :thumbdown:

Think you will find that is another option the UK market does not enjoy (like the fact the mnaual says you can raise and lower the windows with the key fob, but you can't here). All to do with the ECU changes when the UK alarm/immobliser is added I believe.

The good news is that the tyre pump supplied with the car is pretty good, but check the valve isn't leaking and if not that sounds like you picked up a nail or something :shrug: Hopefully in a repairable part of the tyre tread.

great to hear the pump works fine....I assume you just plug it into a powr jack in the boot of the car??

I hope its in a repairable place, having done an online search I don't think anywhere in weymouth stocks tyres in the sizes for the Zed's rear!! oh what fun.....at least in wasn't monday morning :lol:

great to hear the pump works fine....I assume you just plug it into a powr jack in the boot of the car??

Just use one of the cig sockets - either the one in the central storage cubby by your elbow or the one next to the pasxenger glovebox. On my pump guage the reading at 2.4 bar is more like 33psi when checking with a more accurate guage so you might want to check the readings ;)

well new tyre already, must be a record, 6 weeks 2.2k miles :lol:

Someone will have you beaten on that, trust me!

As Colin says, TPMS is for the US market, not sure if anywhere else gets it. In the US I think they may be mandatory now which is why they get them as standard. They wont waste their pennies on us over here if they arent required by law :thumbdown:

well what a lovely 3" nail just next to my side wall......

Sadly I do have that one beaten. 3 weeks and about 600/700 miles and I had a nail in my front offside tyre. I was exceptionally happy with the cost of a new tyre so soon after putting down the money for the car.

• 3 months later...

As Colin says, TPMS is for the US market, not sure if anywhere else gets it. In the US I think they may be mandatory now which is why they get them as standard.

Has anyone added the stock TPMS system to their car? If so what is required?