GUNS first service

Ebized

Yes, over a year old now (although I bought on New Years Eve) so with 6k miles coming up its first service was due.

Local Nissan dealer (Wilsons of Epsom) were not up to the job as they had no trained technicans although they had satisfactorily serviced my previous 350's, so off to find a Nissan 'Performance' centre to get the all important stamp.

Having heard Will350z's experience of Motorline Nissan at Tunbridge Wells, decided to entrust the service to them together with a 4-wheel laser check. And I have to say I was very pleased with the way they dealt with me and GUNS. Straight away my car was driven off the forecourt away from potential doorbangers, and then June and I having been dropped off in the town and then picked up when the work was done GUNS was parked on my return in a safe place away from other cars.

Upon inspection, no harm done (always a worry having had some bad experinces in the past) but what really impressed is that the service manager Ian Fraser could not have been more helpful - perhaps me showing a pics of GUNS at events when I arrived helped to confirm my enthusiasm for the 370. Having supplied my own oil (Silkolene Pro) the bill came to just over £200 for the service; engine flush: 4wheel alignment check/adjustment and a year of Nissans RAC breakdown cover, which for this part of the world seemed quite reasonable.

Pleased to say that driving the car since has confirmed all is well, although the technician pointed out that the front discs are showing signs of slight distortion which I have since monitored and have noticed is getting more pronounced. The 370 is certainly more prone to low speed tramlining than my previous two 350's and I had not really noticed anything else before the service. Hence the 4-wheel check after having tried directional tyres (Falken 452's on the 19" Nismos) to see if that made any difference compared to the OEM non-directional Stones 050A's, but the tramlining was just the same so I guess the suspension set-up is responsible. But once you get up to speed the issue disappears so no big deal, but the disc distortion is something I am going to get done as that can be expected to get worse.

So all in all I was happy with the experience at Motorline Nissan TW and would not hesitate to go back there. Anyone else on here would be advised to call Ian Fraser 01892 500700 and mention your 350z-uk membership ;)

although the technician pointed out that the front discs are showing signs of slight distortion which I have since monitored and have noticed is getting more pronounced.

:drive1

Glad to hear of yet another good service from T.Wells Nissan, they were very pleasant & helpful when I went there to look @ the 370 when it was launched

Glad guns and the service turned out well.

Totally agree Ian and the team at T wells were extremely helpful during the initial purchase and subsequent fix of the leaky seals and now my little roadster is perfic :yahoo:

I too can definitely recommend the team for any zed related work. You may even get the gorgeous 370 courtesy car I had.

Glad guns and the service turned out well.

Totally agree Ian and the team at T wells were extremely helpful during the initial purchase and subsequent fix of the leaky seals and now my little roadster is perfic :yahoo:

I too can definitely recommend the team for any zed related work. You may even get the gorgeous 370 courtesy car I had.

I think they had to scrap the courtesy 370z after you thrashed it for all those miles to Wales and back... :surrender:

Glad the Service went well and nice to see a positive Main Dealer experience, it's almost always a one sided thing as most people only post problems so :thumbs:

Colin, interested to hear you got another years Nissan RAC breakdown cover, was that a givaway or did you pay for it?

It was offered whan I mentioned about the need to renew the rather measely 1 year cover from new and guess the odd reference to this forum might have helped ;)

Can't belive its nearly 10 months already Colin! Good to see things went well, but the disc issue is a bit early on isn't it? I know you aren't heavy on the brakes (unlike certain folk round here :lol: ) so whats the cause do you think?

Can't belive its nearly 10 months already Colin! Good to see things went well, but the disc issue is a bit early on isn't it? I know you aren't heavy on the brakes (unlike certain folk round here :lol: ) so whats the cause do you think?

Just one time would cause warping, it's always a fear of mine, the brakes on the 370 are fantastic and it's something that's always in the back of my head but hey that's what they're there for.

Good to hear of a good review though, I'm dreading my first service, I might stay with the car :lol:

• 1 month later...

Can't believe you have only done 6k in nearly 12 months. I picked my 370 up on New Years eve, it then didn't move until the 23rd Jan due to the snow and now stands at 21,500.

The second service is overdue, :scare: but due to the white stuff I am using my 4x4 at the minute. Probably won't get it in until mid/end of Jan now.

Not had any issue with the brakes, but going through tyres pretty quickly B)

• 3 weeks later...

A quick hello as this is my first post. I should be collecting my 370z on Monday.

Just a question on the distorted disks - shouldn't this be covered under warranty? I've had them replaced under manufacturers warranty on a BMW M5 before now.

I'm often surprised at what different manufacturers do and don't cover. As an example, I had the hubs/disks replaced on a 2 year old Aston V8 Vantage because the hubs were showing signs of rust through the paint. BMW weren't interested in rusty hubs, which seems to come as standard on even new cars, but did change disks due to distortion.

Maybe worth running it by the dealer?

Happy New Year to you all.

Depends what caused the warping/distortion and whether you can prove it is a manufacturing defect or normal wear and tear. As mentioned previously, it could be down to one very hard stop (say on the motorway to a standstill) - which would be the users "fault", or if it was say the runout on the hub being out of spec - then I'd expect the dealer/Nissan to correct it. Even then they could try to say the defect is caused by the owner though :surrender:

it could be down to one very hard stop (say on the motorway to a standstill) - which would be the users "fault"

If that did happen because a 38 tonner crossed the central reservation infront of me and i was driving a new car with discs and pads then i would consider them not fit for purpose if they warped because of one emergency stop. :)

I am sorry Mr Nissan it was my fault because i wanted to save my life! :lol:

Low mileage car, obviously well cared for, if it's not covered under warranty then I'd want a very good reason why not?

BMW service isn't the best in the world, but there's no way they wouldn't be rectifying this under warranty. I'd be calling the service manager for a chat :)