Wil these wheels fit?

_BR1TT0N_

Hey guys. Will 18x12 rims on et20 fit on the rear of a zed lowered by 30mm with out rubbing the arches if the tyres were low profile?

Also how about 18x10 rims on et12 on rear?

And also 18x9.5 et12 on front? Some one help me make up my mind!! Can't think anymore about it! Lol

• 1 month later...
Hey guys. Will 18x12 rims on et20 fit on the rear of a zed lowered by 30mm with out rubbing the arches if the tyres were low profile?

Also how about 18x10 rims on et12 on rear?

And also 18x9.5 et12 on front? Some one help me make up my mind!! Can't think anymore about it! Lol

30mm drop wont have given you much induced neg camber at all...

18x12 et20 would likely fit with some stretch on your tyres and some arch rolling. My rears atm are at 18x10 et-9 and could do with being around -14 for a hellaflush finnish and I have rolled rears and a big drop.

18x10 et12 would easily fit but would need spacing to look hot imo.

18x9.5 et12 up front again would fit but look kinda weak. Both the above would look and fit x10 better with some stretch too.

Ofc just my opinion but i hope thats some use to you.

B. :thumbs:

I we dropped 30mm and my camber was well out. My tyres wore badly on the inside.

Coils or Springs?

Didnt think 30mm would do naff all to it really but i stand corrected :) Just mines dropped around 60mm and its not THAT bad really. :)

you could run stretched tyres but then everyone will know your ghey!!!

12" is big; lots of yanks have done big wheels in the states with big drops running "hella flush" but it can look "hella" ghey if done wrong or badly.

;)

dropped 60mm that requires pictures :)

Yeah sure, the first time I dropped it i had the rails dangerously close to the deck :D

you could run stretched tyres but then everyone will think your ghey!!!

12" is big; lots of yanks have done big wheels in the states with big drops running "hella flush" but it can look "hella" ghey if done wrong or badly.

Why would everyone think your ghey? :wacko:

Nothing looks more impressive than hellaflush done right but yeah i agree done wrong looks a right state.

Yeah sure, the first time I dropped it i had the rails dangerously close to the deck :D

Nothing looks more impressive than hellaflush done right but yeah i agree done wrong looks a right state.

Pics of 60mm drop please?

I'm dropped about 35-40 just now on coilovers and my geometry is well out :drive1. Will be getting set up once new camber arms are on. I'm also a ballhair of the ground and minor dips in the road and I hit.

What suspension/coilovers are you running to achieve the drop?

Just had a look at your pics in your intro thread. your front skirt sits low but In comparison to mine, I'm dropped slightly less than 40mm and my front tyres are buried in my front arches on 19's. What the distant between your wheels centre and the top centre of the arch?

sorry never seen the appeal of running tyres too small for a wheel; but if it floats your boat; then crack on. :thumbs:

I cant find a pic of mine on the computer that shows just really how low it is, I have alot of pics but im no photographer and tbh theyre quick snaps with the iphone, to be fair i may be getting abit over excited at 60mm but it really aint far off at all, it is however undrivable at that height as it catches on any slight bump in the road and had no chance of climbing any incline at all.

I would say my car as it is now as a daily driver must be 45-50mm though.

I'll take some proper measurements as soon as the snow foxtrot Oscar.

The geo is most definately miles out, although i have Full kinetix racing adjustable arms kit to go on to sort that.

I know my attitude of Form > Function is not going to be to everyones taste, expecially on an OC, but each to their own and all that.

Im running Driftworks CS2's which imo are the ultimate for slammination.

sorry never seen the appeal of running tyres too small for a wheel; but if it floats your boat; then crack on. :thumbs:

Each to their own again really but in my opionin nothing ruins a sportscar image quicker than huge balloon sidewalls and a car rolling like a 4x4.

I know my attitude of Form > Function is not going to be to everyones taste, expecially on an OC, but each to their own and all that.

Each to their own again really but in my opionin nothing ruins a sportscar image quicker than huge balloon sidewalls and a car rolling like a 4x4.

I'm open to both imho, but even for my taste there's a point where it goes too far like the 12"s shown above.

By all means, stretch can be done very nicely indeed, but, I think there are just some silly examples whereby the car imho is dangerous.

I however, find my 255 out front on 9.5"s a little stretched, whilst the 285 out rear on 10.5 is a little too fat for my liking also?

For me stance up to a degree, performance up to a degree, hopefully one w/out sacrificing t'other, but I can sort of understand the appeal of form> function up to a point also :thumbs:

Sorry just noticed you'd edited your post.... Those pics arnt the lowest the car has been, theyre just when everything was first installed, hence super shiney rims :D . I have been running the splitter since raising the car to make it look lower again whilst giving a slight bit of practicality :)

What tyre profiles are you using? I'll get some measurements as soon as were snow free.

I'm open to both imho, but even for my taste there's a point where it goes too far like the 12"s shown above.

By all means, stretch can be done very nicely indeed, but, I think there are just some silly examples whereby the car imho is dangerous.

I however, find my 255 out front on 9.5"s a little stretched, whilst the 285 out rear on 10.5 is a little too fat for my liking also?

For me stance up to a degree, performance up to a degree, hopefully one w/out sacrificing t'other, but I can sort of understand the appeal of form> function up to a point also :thumbs:

I dont really like super stretch which is borderline dangerous like some of the dub lads go for, but a nice bit of stretch imo just makes cars look that bit more sexy.

Yeah, As you probably guess im into the whole drift scene and styles so performance and stance both play a part in my cars. Have a look at the swang and bang guys in the states, those cars define my thinking.

No doubt i'll do the track day thing at some point and raise her back up but for the moment Form is king for me.

Yeah, As you probably guess im into the whole drift scene and styles so performance and stance both play a part in my cars. Have a look at the swang and bang guys in the states, those cars define my thinking.

No doubt i'll do the track day thing at some point and raise her back up but for the moment Form is king for me.

Oh yeah, seen that scene on my350z, not for me, but I get it and I'd be amazed if anyone could run that over here. Seems it works in texas, but that's about all :wacko:

It's not dangerous, but it is form over function :thumbs:

However, for me, this is still the :cloud9:

DSC_0196-2.jpg

Lol your car is a Beauty mate very nice and I love the hella flush look. I was originally thinking about doing it for shows but it would be a pain swapping my ride height and fitting spacers to push the car out then swapping back for 18's for track work and readjusting the suspension.

It's a 35profile tyre on nismo lmgt4's(245 front and 275 rear on 8.5 and 9.5 rims) So for me to get that look I would need stretch the tyres alot and put massive spacers on to push the wheels out.

At current ride height a 10mm spacer would cause the wheels to rub the arch badly as they aren't rolled.

don't mind me; i'm getting old an cynical :lol: i prefer my cars to have function over form,

currently run 30 and 35 profile on my wheels. i just like my tyres to look like they fit. to me when they are stretched it just looks like they couldn't afford the tyres in the right size so had to buy smaller ones to be cheaper.

but take into account alot of my drving history was spent in essex where the half finished in primer bodykitted cars were a regular vision. as were complete abominations to the automotive world. so i am some what picky when it comes to what i do and do like on a car.

doesn't mean my tastes are correct just different.

don't let people like me put you off doing what you like; its not me that drives your car; its you; and if this puts a smile on your face when ever you see the car then crack on.

my only advice would be what ever you do to the car make sure its easily reversible when you come to sell up. modified cars never sell well; regardless of how well they are done.

That picture above is hot! it just needs more camber and lows :thumbs:

The wheels i have on mine now wont be the final wheels used but for now they'll do.

Ahhh my sidewalls are much bigger but stetched, gives the illusion of the rim being far from the arch. These wheels are coming off for refurb so when they go back on i think i'll slap some 35's on this time. Yeah on those sizes you said you would need some fair stretch and im guessing the offsets arn't crazy low either so would require some serious spacerage too.

It's all just a combination of Stretch, Camber and Offset.

The wheels i have on mine now wont be the final wheels used but for now they'll do.

Ahhh my sidewalls are much bigger but stetched, gives the illusion of the rim being far from the arch. These wheels are coming off for refurb so when they go back on i think i'll slap some 35's on this time. Yeah on those sizes you said you would need some fair stretch and im guessing the offsets arn't crazy low either so would require some serious spacerage too.

Pah, I like it the way it is :p I still like the tyre visible beneath the arch and not enough camber for it to be hugely noticeable, just, there.

I still wouldn't dare run that over here, would be impossible to get anywhere.

Yep the camber you'll achieve that low will work to your advantage. My cars more function over form but I love it to look good as I also enjoy attending shows etc.

Looking forward to seeing the final product mate :thumbs:

Pah, I like it the way it is :p I still like the tyre visible beneath the arch and not enough camber for it to be hugely noticeable, just, there.

I still wouldn't dare run that over here, would be impossible to get anywhere.

Lol Man Up! :yahoo: To be fair it is very cool.

Yep the camber you'll achieve that low will work to your advantage. My cars more function over form but I love it to look good as I also enjoy attending shows etc.

Looking forward to seeing the final product mate :thumbs:

Cheers Mate :thumbs:

It's all resting on money now really. As soon as i get some more cash some more progress will be made!