NURBURGRING - April 2011 - **Update 15/2/11**

Update with prices for the Ring for 2011.

◦1 lap: € 24,00

◦4 laps: € 89,00, incl. € 10,00 food/drinks voucher for the Eifeldorf Grüne Hölle*, 1 ring°werk ticket

◦15 laps: € 310,00, incl. € 20,00 food/drinks voucher for the Eifeldorf Grüne Hölle*, 1 ring°werk ticket

◦25 laps: € 470,00, incl. € 30,00 food/drinks voucher for the Eifeldorf Grüne Hölle*, 1 ring°werk ticket

They have only announced dates up to the end of March so far - so I'll keep looking until they publish the April dates.

Not bad. 25 laps would have cost me about the same if i factor in the €30 and ring werk sweetener :p

Hopefully we get convenient dates for April. Good job Ian :thumbs:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tourist Dates (Now updated)

April Dates are as follows:

Thur 7th April 17:30 - 19:30 (2hrs)

Fri 8th April 16:00 - 19:00 (3hrs)

Sat 9th April 13:30 - 19:00 (5 1/2hrs)

Sun 10th April 08:00 - 19:00 (11hrs)

If we were to leave the UK Wednesday 6th and arrive Thur 7th we have a wealth of tourist track-time available. There clearly would be no organised races during the weekend. Therefore the dates for leaving the UK and returning are negotiatiable due to the fact there's plenty of opportunity to get on the track!

I've not actually been on the track at the weekend, so unsure of how busy it would be.

Can we therefore open this up for discussion to understand how long long you'd like to attend?

2 days, 3 days, 4 days etc

:clap::yahoo::teeth:

Weekends are madness on the course but as previously been said we are not out to set records or race each other if people are go to closed track day. But saying that you can still get a good run round the track if you watch what cars go out for a few minutes in front of you and wait couple of minutes.

As for number of days i dont mind as live in Germany already so dont have to far to travel.

All 4 days sounds good to me! As for the weekend track time, well the Sunday anyway, being at the track as soon as it opens gets you some clearish laps for the first couple hours, around lunchtime it does get pretty manic, so a fine time to break for lunch, mid afternoon it starts to quieten down again.

But from what I've been told the best time to lap is during the week, so Thursday and Friday should be good, even if it's only open for a couple hours. :thumbs:

:scare: sounds like 4 days for sure possible do some on the sunday and then head off back home or head earlish Monday? I'm pretty flexible on this so will agree with most suggestions :D Whats a good meeting point in the UK or France? Might go over and join forces in the UK or go straight to France directly via Ireland and then meet you there somewhere, depending on boat times and travel times really.

Ok so checked a bit I could take the below boat over to the UK

Dublin City - Holyhead - Port to Port in 3Hrs 15mins Wed 06-Apr-11Cruise

Ulysses 20:55 - 00:20 from €79.00 I could then drive to a meeting point at the english tunnel and sleep for a bit :D

Then drive earlish Thursday to the ring and do an hour or two on track. leave on sunday @ noon to drive the 12 hour drive back to holly head and leave me with 3 hours extra time to take the 02:40 boat back to Ireland :D Ready for work @ 05:55 Monday morning :teeth:

I did research on sunset and temperature. Not sure I like the forecast on sunlight for the evening track thur/fri...

:shrug:

temp.jpg

sun.jpg

sunrise-sunset.jpg

Evening all!

Interesting stats there Andlid. Sunset for the evening could play against us especially once the light starts to fade. Although the Ring at night makes it all the more hardcore!! I can just imagine the reactions when we finish to discuss our emergency braking as the corner suddenly comes up on us :scare:

It seems the four days seems preferable. The plan is to leave UK on the Wed night, overnight ferry and land in Holland 7am'ish on the Thur. Plan is then to return home on the Monday, although returning home on the Sunday is also negotiable.

With regards to accommodation. There's a couple of options.

1)stay near the ring. "other" entertainment is limited, there's a couple of local small towns although fairly sleepy. Although good for grub, beer and possibly meeting other ring go'ers

2) stay in a larger town where there are more accommodation options and more night life or restaurants and bars.

If for those names listed you could give me a preference of location and I'll get searching for prices.

If you are attending please provide info if you'll be bringing a +1 or if you are happy to share a twin room with a fellow Zeder!!

Once I get an idea of preference and numbers I can get prices for sleeping arrangements.

I will also PM those listed if I don't hear anything by Monday.

Hi there guys,

I've been pinged for a course in Brecon which ends on the Friday!! :rant::rant:

May drive down on the Sat and overnight and drive home late Sunday, I only live 3ish hours away so not a major drama.

Regarding accommodation I will sort myself out so don't worry about booking for me.

Will keep you updated if my plans change further.

Rob.

For those who are interested in this trip can you possibly put down your names and accommodation preferences in the other thread by mid February as we are negotiating discounts in hotels in or around Nurburg. Therefore more exact numbers will help. For those unsure still indicate your preferences as it helps. early indications suggest it will not be busy that time of the month so we have upper hand and late comers will be easily accommodated.

Ian, I think adding proposed length of stay is helpful as some may different plans. I for one aims to spend 3nights only. Friday, sat, sun. As I will only be off work on Thursday ferry to Holland and spend night in Amsterdam and drive down to Nurburg Friday to catch evening session and leave Monday morning for blighty B)

DIRTY HOUND AMSTERDAM :snog:

It's a good thought though. I've pm'd all on the list and waiting for answers from some. I will be booking myself the relevant ferries or train etc depending on my choice very soon. So those who (pardon the expression) miss the boat - will either not turn up or book late and pay higher prices.

I'm not sure if the Amsterdam thing will be convenient for parking our Zeds to be honest. The back streets of the Dam aren't the best places for a nice car.

It would be good though to get the final names confirmed on their requirements. I know how the Mods feel when sorting out the various major meets :doh:

Hey Ian no such shenaningans for me man :p Just visiting the coofee shops for some R&R so i'll be fresh for the Ring on Friday eve ;)

You know you want to do this :teeth:

You don't need to drive into down town. Leave the zed at the hotel and catch public transport to and fro the district...... you sissy!

Update with prices for the Ring for 2011.

◦1 lap: € 24,00

◦4 laps: € 89,00, incl. € 10,00 food/drinks voucher for the Eifeldorf Grüne Hölle*, 1 ring°werk ticket

◦15 laps: € 310,00, incl. € 20,00 food/drinks voucher for the Eifeldorf Grüne Hölle*, 1 ring°werk ticket

◦25 laps: € 470,00, incl. € 30,00 food/drinks voucher for the Eifeldorf Grüne Hölle*, 1 ring°werk ticket

They have only announced dates up to the end of March so far - so I'll keep looking until they publish the April dates.

Not bad. 25 laps would have cost me about the same if i factor in the €30 and ring werk sweetener :p

Hopefully we get convenient dates for April. Good job Ian :thumbs:

Remember to burn the vouchers, it's only another way to get you to give money to the Lindner Group.

Just go there for the laps and disregard the other stuff :)

I was in Amsterdam last August. The prices for drinks are through the roof. I swore I'd never return since August due to the prices. I've been doing the dam for 15 years, Dance Valley, Gaswork Fabrique, Queens Day 4 times (those were the good ole days) Amsterdam has changed, although for one night it may be worth it as the Track evening on the Thursday is fairly short.

It's a shame we can't all get together to sit down and sort this all out over a beer, but with everyone all over the UK it becomes very difficult, especially when you put all the work into organising this only for people not to respond to the thread or PM's :shrug:

Welcome to the club! i tried his last year and after much interest, in the end nobody could make it :thumbdown: Even the guys in Germany had commitments so cancelled :surrender: The way i see it is, f we meet as a group then fine if not i still be there as i have done previous times.

You will know who is serious when you actually get financial comitments ie booking accomodation ;) As for booking ferries it is not easy as people live miles apart but i will be happy if someone(s) local was to tag mini-convoy style all the way. Its a same you want to leave on wednesday.

Personally if i change my mind on going to the Dam i'll just do the Dover-calais/Dunkirk crossing which is short, cheaper , more crossing times and i'm used to :teeth:

Worcester to dover 220miles + calais to Nurburg 290 miles = 510 miles (£50-70 return)

Worcester to dover 220miles + Dunkirk to Nurburg 260miles = 480miles. (£50-70 return)

Worcester to Harwich 200miles + hook of holland to nurburg 220miles = 420miles + crossing time + price ~ £200 return ;)

Worcester to Hull 165miles + rotterdam to nurburg 200miles/zeebrugge to nurburg 230miles) = 365/395miles + crossing time and high ferry cost ~ £250 return).

Its all about the laps man ;)

Hmmm see ya point. I quite like sitting on a boat having a few drinks then sleep. Wake up in Holland. Although I could be persuaded.

Well I'm game for this anyway. Let's see who the drop outs are.

If by the end of the week nobody else confirms I'm getting booked up!!

Those who have confirmed we could meet in the chat room for further discussion and finalisation of route accommodation etc

Mr Ruddles, how the devil are ya?

Cost/Mileage

All depends on how fruity we are with the GO pedal to be honest.

Total estimated mileage is 1,200 miles.

That includes going to Amsterdam (potentially) + 15 laps of the ring. So this really is a ball park mileage estimation.

So if you said the average tank did you 300 miles against estimated cost of tank £80 you will be looking at around the £320 mark. Although to be fair this is a light estimation so I'd say nearer the £400 just for fuel !! :scare: (if not more)

Heck this could be expensive!! :teeth:

Mr Ruddles, how the devil are ya?

Cost/Mileage

All depends on how fruity we are with the GO pedal to be honest.

Total estimated mileage is 1,200 miles.

That includes going to Amsterdam (potentially) + 15 laps of the ring. So this really is a ball park mileage estimation.

So if you said the average tank did you 300 miles against estimated cost of tank £80 you will be looking at around the £320 mark. Although to be fair this is a light estimation so I'd say nearer the £400 just for fuel !! :scare: (if not more)

Heck this could be expensive!! :teeth:

I did 3 laps to a quarter of a tank in September last year. It all depends on how you drive of course.

I'm easy, don't think I'll be having a +1 so single room with large sauna and jacuzi please :drunk:

I'll hand my vote over to you wasso :dance:

I'm sure I'd get about 12-15km/l = 1931 km (1200miles) / 12 = 160l * 14 = 224€ so adding on about 80€ for some high spirit acceleration would land it at 300€ but I need to travel a bit further, then you'll got to include all the other expenses of driving so 500€ is probably a pretty good landmark not taking into account he fuel usage on the ring itself. To get around this... don't think about it :p

:lol: love it Andlid. Good to hear from you. I'll update the main thread and send another pm to the stragglers. We should very soon be able to work out numbers and rooms.

Bennett once updated have a chat with your friend to see what price they can do for accommodation.

I'll also later work out the latest ferry prices. I'll also txt Darren who's being very elusive. It would be good for the UK cars to tango together.

Cool nice one Bennett.

Okay I've just checked the prices for the Harwich Ferry and the Eurotunnel. The ferry has gone up to £213 (which includes the cabin for the outward journey) - which is an increase of £30.

The tunnel has gone up by £8 to £98. I'm starting to think Tunnel is going to be the way forward, which will mean leaving the Thursday morning 10am train. Total extension to mileage in taking the train 65 miles.

I think Amsterdam is going to be a little extra on the juice and price of the weekend to be honest.

Therefore I'm going to put the first firm offer on the table.

Outbound

Thursday 7th April - Leave Folkestone 9:50am train

Thursday 7th April - Land Calais and drive to the Ring (est 5hr's 203 miles) (arrive Nurburg 5pm'ish)

Return

Monday 11th April - Leave Nurburg 12am - arrive Calais 5pm'ish to catch 6:50pm train back to Folkestone

Monday 11th April - Land Folkestone 6:30pm'ish (and how depressing to be back in the UK oncemore!)

Hotel - I've kinda fallen for Hotel An Der Nordschleife http://www.hotel-an-der-nordschleife.de/hotel/index.php

Only because it's slap bang on the track, with views of the track (as long as they don't start testing/racing at 5am waking me up!!

Priced at 45 and 75 Euros (Single/Double) per night it seems reasonable!!

This would bring the cost as follows (Excluding fuel)

Eurotunnel £98

Hotel Thur to Sun night 4x75€ = 300€ / 1.165 = £265

Ring Laps (15) 300€ /1.165 = £265

Total excluding food and fuel £628!! (I think I might take my tent!!)

Anyone fancy joining me with the above plan.....