NURBURGRING - April 2011 - **Update 15/2/11**

Would love to do this one day....

Not just yet though, I don't want to go through the Pearly Gates backwards in a burning Zed :surrender:

Maybe a lesson or two from Sabine Schmitz would be a good start... :blush:

Comments in the comments thread Dave!! :bangin:

Backwards in a burning Zed sounds impressive!! Maybe a few somersaults to add a bit of drama?

It's not as bad as you think, you won't end up in the barrier unless you want to? I managed 4 laps round the ring and gave it around 85% - although to be fair had my brakes been cooler I might have pushed a bit harder. I'm hoping to wear out my Falkens by April so that I can get some decent rubber!!

Put your name down, you won't need lessons, we're not racing and we're not trying to set lap records. It's a bit of fun, cruising through Europe and making the most of the Ring and surrounding areas. Simple!

Name on list??? :teeth:

Sorry :blush: I only just woke up :blush:

I do like the idea of a European Cruise :thumbs::teeth:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right then, once I get some accomodation prices maybe get your name on the list.

Like I say drive like a nutter or take unnecessary risk, a barrier visit is for sure on the cards....

My Mrs said she wouldn't go round the track for the fear of crashing. She managed 3 laps out of the 4 and her comments were "It wasn't as bad as expected". With 8 names on the list, there's also a few Zeds in the Channel Islands that will be meeting us, it should be a brilliant cruise/meet.

Put your name down, you won't need lessons, we're not racing and we're not trying to set lap records. It's a bit of fun, cruising through Europe and making the most of the Ring and surrounding areas. Simple!

Name on list??? :teeth:

Were not racing? :dry:

Looks as if I'll be going down to southern spain the week before so I'll drive up & meet you guys on the Thursday night, a look at the weather nearer tge time will determine if I run the r888s or not :ninja: (need to keep up with that 75 shot of NOS) ;)

From Thursday 7th April 2011

To Monday 11th April 2011

1) Wasso

2) Andlid :yahoo:

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

So if you will be in the south of France why is your name on the list Mr Andlid?

What?

I'll be going to the ring in my z.... do I need to depart from the mother country? :p will be there via France or Ireland .

Right then, once I get some accomodation prices maybe get your name on the list.

Like I say drive like a nutter or take unnecessary risk, a barrier visit is for sure on the cards....

My Mrs said she wouldn't go round the track for the fear of crashing. She managed 3 laps out of the 4 and her comments were "It wasn't as bad as expected". With 8 names on the list, there's also a few Zeds in the Channel Islands that will be meeting us, it should be a brilliant cruise/meet.

+1 :thumbs:

Just waiting for the ferry company to update their sailing times (currently only running till March 2011 :bangin: ) then will get my name down on the list!

Not sure if I'll be going down in the Zed though as my Celica may be back up and running and I NEED to get it back to the 'Ring! :yahoo:

Also, might be worth posting up the trip plans on the northloop.co.uk forum, decent bunch of guys on there some of them with some serious track knowledge and usually up from giving passenger laps. No better way to be scared half to death! :thumbs:

HOTEL / B&B

Boys and Girls....... There are a number of options regarding the accomodation:

1. Stay at Nuerburg - close to the track (Not a great deal of accomodation/eating/drinking options)

2. Stay in the heart of Koblenz (Prices may be higher, parking charges, although options for food and drink increase)

3. Stay just outside of Koblenz (Prices are reasonable, parking is better, if we need the city it's a short taxi)

If you can please let me know which option would most suite. To note, Koblenz is about 45 minutes from the Ring, and as per Greekman the roads are rather nice en-route to the Ring (warm up the tyres).

There are a large number of hotels and B&B's where I've managed to locate 6 in and around Koblenz. Two of them are nicely located just outside Koblenz, both with a nice setting. I also thought these would be ideal for cleaning the cars/keeping them safe at night.

I don't want to list the accomodation just yet as we cannot book the accomodation until the Ring public days have been announced, although I just want to get an understanding of your thoughts on style, location, cost of hotel/B&B.

Let me know :thumbs:

I don't mind either... looks like France is off the cards at the moment so would either come accross to the UK or meet up with you in France for a tour to the Ring :thumbs:

(can we stop at a wineyard on the way to the ring so we can pickup some cheese and crates of wine... :teeth: )

Trying to find out what the gf can give me for Christmas and my Birthday for this :D Any ideas? :drunk:

• 1 month later...

Ladies and Gents - Update!

I've been in contact with the boys and girls at the Nurburgring to investigate when the tourist days will be provided on their webspace. Their response is below:

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your inquiry.

At that moment we are unfortunately not able to tell you at what times the track will be open to the public in 2011- the schedule has not been posted yet.

But if you contact us again by the end of January, we should be able to give you further information concerning the opening dates.

On our homepage www.nuerburgring.de/en -->â€offersâ€-->â€tourist rides Nordschleife†you will find the provisional opening dates until the end of March 2011.

But please note that as changes concerning the opening hours can occur every time, we strongly recommend you to contact us again just before your visit to check whether the track finally will be open to the public or not!

If you should require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards,

Sabrina Berresheim

Ihr welcome°center

So until they are published this event is of course on hold. Not sure if there are any other peep's interested in the event - if so please add your names to the thread below:

viewtopic.php?f=97&t=42285

Quick update on the fuel that I can get for cheaper. I can get approx 500-600 litres and will start to get the fuel tokens this month. The price will be approx 8 euro for 10 litres saving roughly 7 euros for every 10 litres bought. The tokens will be on a first come basis and are only valid in Germany I'm afraid.

This will help to reduce the costs for most of the people coming across from the UK.

Free to answer questions on here or if anyone wants info send me a PM and will get back to you ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

Update with prices for the Ring for 2011.

◦1 lap: € 24,00

◦4 laps: € 89,00, incl. € 10,00 food/drinks voucher for the Eifeldorf Grüne Hölle*, 1 ring°werk ticket

◦15 laps: € 310,00, incl. € 20,00 food/drinks voucher for the Eifeldorf Grüne Hölle*, 1 ring°werk ticket

◦25 laps: € 470,00, incl. € 30,00 food/drinks voucher for the Eifeldorf Grüne Hölle*, 1 ring°werk ticket

They have only announced dates up to the end of March so far - so I'll keep looking until they publish the April dates.