NURBURGRING - April 2011 - **Update 15/2/11**

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drop out!! Boooo :thumbdown:

So - we remove another name from the list.... I hope your excuse is valid.... I can understand Gaz being shipped to another country, so I hope your reason is just as important!! :p

1) Wasso

2) Andlid

3) P15ULT (Paul)

4) ThomasSoerensen

5) Rob-Hughes

6) GT4 Zed

7) Ozwald

Name list updated. Anyone else feel the need to retire from this listing?

I will be looking to book the boat (which is coming out cheaper as per Mr GT4 Zed) at the beginning of March. This will include securing accomodation. If anyone has any doubts they can't make it, please let me know. (If by chance anyone fancies coming along - add your name respectively)

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

I'm afraid that I will be cancelling my attendance to the Ring. :byebye:

My mum died on the 5th March and I'm currently with my father in Hungary (no I'm not Hungarian) to put my mum to rest.

Due to various reasons, this has forced my withdrawal from the event.

I would hope that (funds depending) I can maybe organise another event in September. I hope this does not stop anyone else attending in April.

Thanks

Ian

My mum died on the 5th March and I'm currently with my father in Hungary (no I'm not Hungarian) to put my mum to rest.

I would hope that (funds depending) I can maybe organise another event in September. I hope this does not stop anyone else attending in April.

Thanks

Ian

Sorry to hear of your loss mate, my condolences to both you and family! :(

Thanks

Ian

:( I'm really sorry to hear this mate, my thoughts go out to you and your family. Don't worry about this trip or any other trip mate.

Hi Ian, finally you have posted up the very sad event that has befallen you. I was not sure to post this and explain you inactivity in the thread recently, especially as you had not done so yourself or expressed the wish to do so. How are you holding up mate? We can and will sort another trip :thumbs: Hope all goes well and see you soon Ian :thumbs:

It looks like alot of guys on this thread are struggling with mods or other reasons and dropping out like flies.I for one still have my uprethane bushes to swap and with only two weekends free to do it, am running scared :surrender:

I will not book the ferry or hotel until last minute when i'm sure to make it. The extra cost will be minimal if at all and its not a big deal to find accommodation in or around Nurburg this time of the year :thumbs: I will pm Gazhull about the fuel tokens and if they are valid for a couple of months then i can get them now or next trip ;)

So anyone who can make it still should just confirm so on the sunday 3rd April in this post or pm me for convoy planning etc.

Anders, are you installing this yourself or a garage? It will be a miracle to finish, tune and troubleshoot and be ready for this trip if you are doing the install solo and have a fulltime job :p Good luck though. nice kit B)

had a discussion with the mech about 'helping'... pretty funny one actually but I'll save that for a few beers sometime :D the result is that I'm not involved in it more then sourcing parts and looking at some electronic modifications (for the haltech to control the boost solenoid among one thing) I'm cracking on with working for a change to pay for it all :p even if everything falls right into place 100% I'm running short on time, god willing and all that I'll be ready. 3rd April sounds good to me to make a firm booking.

Wasso, hope you're ok mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know I'm all booked and ready to go, (Although waiting for confirmation of my reservation at the Hotel An Der Nordschleife)

I'll be there from Wednesday 5th - Sunday 10th (Leaving on Monday morning)

Hope to see some of you there!

Guys its not looking good for me for this trip as i ran into some problems this weekend which was my only time available to swap out my bushes for Superpro items and a few other bits and bobs.

There is still a faint chance left if i can swap out of my weekend shift this weekend and be able to complete the bushes swap, reset geometry and re flash my UTEC as i have fitted a ported manifold i got from the states, MREV2 and decats. The tune up is not imperative as i can use the OEM map but the suspension is a must.

Fingers crossed and i will be there :drive1

Anders how is your progress?

If another trip gets arranged for later in the year (August / September?), I'm game. Want to get plenum / remap / brakes tweaked first ideally, and maybe a couple of track days in the UK sorted out.

My condolences to Ian too. :console: