What watch to buy?

350zStephen

I love the Franck Muller crazy time watch Neil, but it is far too pricey for me to buy an original.

5 figures for an engagement ring? :scare: Think of all the things you could do with that kind of money Neil. Mines would be happy with a £100 ring, but it still is not gonna happen. :lol::lol:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao she gets it from her dad, he's wearing a 45k rolex lol.

I love the franck muller with the black diamonds http://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/frank-muller-conquistador-cortez-chronograph-black-diamonds-black-diamond-dial-leather-strap-10000-h-cc-nr-dcd.html?___store=default

Thats the baby i'll be getting when i get rich lol

Personally I've always fancied a Rado watch.

Ceramic strap and allegedly the screen can only be scratched by a diamond.......although I'm not sure I'd want to prove it.

http://www.rado.com/watches/ceramica/detail.htm?param_mpGUID=MetaProduct%5B5%5D

Got a RADO watch for xmas 3 years ago absolutely love it very slim and neat and so far has no scratches on the face or strap, also not very common

Anyone on here into their watches? I purchased a Tag Heuer Forumula 1 Chronograph watch from Goldsmiths at the weekend, and I am not too happy with the weight of the watch and quality of the strap.

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/product/tag-heuer-formula-1-gents-chronograph-watch-17380340

I am planning to take it back tomorrow, and look for a replacement. Ideally I am looking for something in the same price bracket (£800-£900)

Ideas please people..

Cheers :)

got one as a present. had to have a look on the internet to find out what it was. coming from my titanium bulova i would say it weights a tonne!!! but i like it and once on my wrist for a bit then i cant feel it. wear it and you ll get used to it! it seems to make an impression too ;)

Never been a fan of big showy watches and who needs one really now you carry a mobile everywhere :shrug:

Iv'e just got a £40 Ben Sherman watch...

But if you can afford the best part of £1k on a watch fair play :thumbs:

Never been a show off... **** I think i'm driving the wrong car :oops:

+1

i have a casio somehting or other with a solar panel backing, sorts the time itself etc. got it 3 years ago as a "flash" watch to go with suits but never got round to getting the links taken out :blush: at least the batteries wont run out eh :lol: It'd just get destroyed on my wrist.

I love the Bell and Ross watches.......still prestige but a little different from the Tags and Rolexs.

20484.jpg

I like the Bell+Ross also,think it looks great,nice clean simple design.

The U-Boat watch (cant remember its exact name) is also very nice.

I liken buying a watch to buying a suit.

I want a nice one, I want it to look good and I want it to be different to most other peoples.

Buuuuuut, as with both, once you get over about £300 or £400 or so then I don't see the point or the value. I wear a suit about 4 days a month nowadays and I only wear a watch when I wear a suit or go out with the Mrs to a restaurant etc.

Therefore I have a Hugo Boss watch that was about £450 and a diesel watch I wear to the pub etc.......

I bought a limited edition automatic Tag Link a few years ago. Great watch in my opinion.

My (limited) advice is to buy something automatic and from a proper watch maker.

Wheres Lomoto when you need him? He's King of watches!

Have got a couple of Tags and am very impressed by them, and not too bad to look after (cost wise). The Link straps (and therefore weight) are part of the design. If you want something with a bit more weight and still Swiss then take a look at Tissot too. Just be careful of 'fashion watches' where the movement is pretty poor and the money has gone into the chrome and the Calvin Klein / Diesel / Boss etc logo. That is not to say they are rubbish, but the money goes in different places. (I have also bought watches or seen them age hence picking those brands out). :)

Ide say Tag every time, there absolutely awesome!! faultless design that never ages, save up a little more and get a better quality one that isn't built for a price. I've got a Tag link series Ayrton Senna special edition, bought it when i was 16 with the first £2500 I ever earned :blush: worth every penny of blood and sweat.

Extract from an email from my Dad the other week

I had been looking for a while but learned within the last few days that Rolex prices are increasing by 10 – 12% on 1st Oct. within days of this being announced coupled with the price of gold being at an all time record high the new and second hand watches of this type were being ‘snapped up’ very quickly – perhaps as a Rolex investment or Gold investment.

You've missed the boat now if you wanted a Rolex! :lol::lol:

I have a collection of watches, i try to go for unsual watches. Varying from mid price to actually quite cheap but ones that you will rarely see.

My favs are, my Rolex Oyster (a standard new shape rolex), Tokyoflash dots watch (big and unsual, looks great when going out), an original Klauss Botta Uno watch, (sleak and looks good in a suite), and last but not least my E-ink Phosphor watch (good for something different to wear on a night out)

Just a selection but my favs at the mo.

A watch i find tell alot about a person, and everyone should have a good watch, and a lucky watch! They dont have to be exspensive, and tbh most watches that are exspensive brands i see people wearing i would take a guess 50% are fakes.

The best way t get a small disount on exspensive watched is to buy them in duty free, thats the only place you will get a vague discount on a new Rolex etc..

Personally i wouldnt buy a second hand expsensive watch (assuming its not rare), as i would feel the owner has probably most likely sold it as they have fallen on hard times...and then your going to wear it....

A good watch will last you forever, assuming its well looked after

I bought a limited edition automatic Tag Link a few years ago. Great watch in my opinion.

My (limited) advice is to buy something automatic and from a proper watch maker.

Hi Stew.. hope you are well and the Zed ??., Cant beat Omega's IMO.. recently bought a Planet Ocean Chronograph..very nice item

a few of my collection :blush:

watches001.jpg

Hi Stew.. hope you are well and the Zed ??., Cant beat Omega's IMO.. recently bought a Planet Ocean Chronograph..very nice item

a few of my collection :blush:

watches001.jpg

I'm pretty sure I got one in the bottom row out of a cracker in 2008.... :p

Very nice Tim :thumbs: