New Reg Plates

spursmaddave

Just recieved the V750 for my new Reg :yahoo:

So obviously need to order some new plates...

What are peoples views on what looks :thumbs: and what looks :thumbdown:

It is not one that has to be manipulated or spaced so what I need to decide on is -

Font - Legal

Background - Definite No

Border - Yes or No and Colour

Side Picture - Yes or No and Legal or Not

Slogan - Yes or No and what to put....

On my other car which I got a reg for I got a black border and a black side badge with the george cross, it looks very good on a black car... not sure the same with blue will look good on an Azure... Im thinking keep it simple with no side pic and no slogan, and possibly no border but is this too boring :shrug:

I am not looking to move the plate from the standard UK spec position, but any pics appreciated from all you photo whores :p

Just get bog standard legal plates: It's not worth the hassle getting anything else or trying to be clever IMHO. It's a numberplate, they're boring as anything and we've all got to have them.

I tend to agree, that's why I didn't go for one that needs to be 'manipulated' even though the DVLA sell them to entice you :rant:

As far as I know it is ok to have a border, the picture on the left though needs to be the EU symbol though doesn't it? And the slogan at the bottom should be the dealer you get the plate from, is that correct :shrug:

I've got an Azure and found best look is plain, no pictures and no border. Looks so much smarter.

That's exactly what I have gone for, nothing on the plate except the Reg, and just the plain font too :thumbs:

It is definitely getting stricter, I had to take a pic of my license and the V750 and email it to them to prove it was mine :thumbs:

I used a company online and didn't have to prove anything - received the plates next day delivery!! :thumbs:

I think my rear plate including delivery and the Euro symbol cost me £4.95 - Halfrauds wanted something like £16!!! :scare:

They are particularly fussy with anything that mentions N17!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I've got an Azure and found best look is plain, no pictures and no border. Looks so much smarter.

That's exactly what I have gone for, nothing on the plate except the Reg, and just the plain font too :thumbs:

It is definitely getting stricter, I had to take a pic of my license and the V750 and email it to them to prove it was mine :thumbs:

I got both with postage for £20, I live right by a bike shop that would have done them but they had to order car plates :lol:

I think the 'show plate' sites get round it by saying they are not road legal but I think thats gonna be tightened up too soon, otherwise anyone can get any plate they like made up and say its a show plate :shrug:

I didnt mind just took a pic on the iPhone and Emailed it :thumbs:

Yes Graham it is the N17 one :yahoo: your only jealous admit it :cloud9:

Oh so very jealous :wacko::wacko::lol:

I got both with postage for £20, I live right by a bike shop that would have done them but they had to order car plates :lol:

I think the 'show plate' sites get round it by saying they are not road legal but I think thats gonna be tightened up too soon, otherwise anyone can get any plate they like made up and say its a show plate :shrug:

I didnt mind just took a pic on the iPhone and Emailed it :thumbs:

Yes Graham it is the N17 one :yahoo: your only jealous admit it :cloud9:

As clean as possible IMO. Why do you want to draw attention to a bit of white / yellow vinyl that costs £20 when the rest of the cat has had the time and effort spent on it......?! :)

Gratuitous pic

P1010586.jpg

Just getting some prices now to have my plates made up that I got my 30th, and the matching plate I bought for the wife.

Halfrauds - £14.99 each :scare:

Local garage - £6.25 each :thumbs:

I think we have a winner. Will post pics of what I get when I finally get them sorted.

plain is just as illegal as having a badge on the side :lol: you have to have the name of who made it on there to keep it legal ;)

Indeed, but as I ordered from a reputable site and not a show plate site, their name is in very small letters in the bottom right corner :thumbs:

Ordered them yesterday afternoon and they arrived this morning :yahoo:

Just waiting for my logbook as I had to send it off, forgot the car was registered in my other half's name :doh:

The Zed side badge on yours doesn't look too bad as it kind of blends in with the colour, still prefer plain and simple though :p

Anyone know how to remove the old plates? I'm assuming that heat is the way forward to get the old tape to give up the plate :)

I've got enough tape to patch together the Titanic for the new ones.

Also the wife has new plates too but her old ones are currently screwed on. Will I be ok just sticking her new ones on or will I have to screw the new ones on as well?

But that would require a new bumper,as removing the plate holder leaves two massive holes.

Ah so I was right, it's the cheap option :lol:

Well actually the cheap option is not to move it at all I guess :dry:

I'm just not a fan, but I very much doubt anything would make your car not look B):thumbs: