Tailgate gas struts

garygttdi

Crazy... my struts from SGS are spot on. Push button and lift 10% with 1 finger them she opens herself.

Sounds crazy (and slightly insulting) but are they on the right way round? I know you can "fit" them two ways... and one is the right way ;)

:thumbs:

Crazy... my struts from SGS are spot on. Push button and lift 10% with 1 finger them she opens herself.

Sounds crazy (and slightly insulting) but are they on the right way round? I know you can "fit" them two ways... and one is the right way ;)

:thumbs:

Fitting the wrong way makes the gate sit up so yes, they're on the right way. Mine used to work like yours, and with the weight, plus without the pennies on worn struts but not now :(

Well I couldn't take it any longer ..... so I bought a new pair of Nissan struts (thanks Evans Halshaw and EH370) and now my tailgate works perfectly :teeth: , infact, so perfectly I may even put the counter balance weight back in and remove all my pennies :lol:

So if someone wants a pair of barely used SGS struts cheap .......