traction control problems

mic-39

recently i have been experiencing a problem with the traction control. Under normal driving there is no problem however when the car is pushed on and when turning the steering wheel to the right at circa 60-65mph the traction control system takes over and starts automaticaly braking the car . Sometimes this happens when light braking is used sometimes when no pedals are touched

Today this happened on a dry road, my tyres are re050 and are the standard manufacturer sizes and all are evenly worn and about 5mm rear and 4mm front. Initially I thought it was a soft tyre but all tyre pressures are good

I have searched for similar faults and cannot find anything. :wacko:

My questions are

1. Has anyone experienced similar and what was the resultant cause

2. The system obviously uses sensors to measure wheel speed/rotation( I assume the same sensors as the abs system). Is there a sensor for weight distribution front/rear which is possibly overreacting with the weight transfer going around the corner.

Thoughts would be appreciated :D

I thought initially it was driving style or indeed something on the road but it has done this several times now granted a few times when wet but today the road was bone dry, the tyres were already warmed after having driven about 12 miles and my approach to the bend was fine, braking on the straight, balance power through the corner when mid corner traction control cuts in applying brakes on at least three occasions :angry: Traction/stability programme light flashes etc etc does not stay on and car resumes as normal after. It always happens on a right hand bend never left no matter how hard i try

Its damb annoying :rant:

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I am new to the Z scene. I have exactly the same problem on my 05 plate 350Z roadster. I have had the car 4 wheel aligned, and all the tyres are at 35psi. The Traction control kicks in on a long right hand bend at speed with or without the accelerator being pressed. It's quite scary as the car seems to have a mind of it's own?? Did you get to the bottom of your problem?

Thanks