Slimjim's 350Z Ownership Thread

slimjim

• 6 months later...

New "news" is ... she is NOT for Sale...!

Not been able to sell her, so keeping her for a bit and getting her back up to scratch. :)

New battery...... top of the range 5 year guarentee from EuroCarParts.

Underside was looking a bit rough... so had my paint guys rub all the underside down to remove the surface rust that was getting to a point where it might become more than just surface rust... then treat it all with Waxoyl. Should keep her going for 5-10 more years!

Next on the cards is a 'new' OEM exhust and some new tyres.

If you're keeping her she must be due a detail at some point soon ;)

HA... what she ACTUALLY needs... is 2K spending on paint.

The paint job is just appauling. :blush:

She is SORN at the moment, no point in having her taxed and MOT'd if she never leaves the garage.

Might get her on the road when the weather gets nice. But I DO want the paintwork sorting when I can. Know any 'cheap' places that do a decent job? :teeth:

"Cheap" and decent rarely work IMO

I know, I know. got a quote from my local boys who I KNOW will do a spot on, perfect job. £2k.

But I have LOADS of other stuff to spend hte cash on. Mainly the van ;)

"Cheap" and decent rarely work IMO

Cheap and decent are two planets apart.

Reputable and quality are on the same planet.

There's nobody that I know of in the West Mids, but if you leave the car at TGM in fleet they'll provide a stunning job for you.

• 2 months later...

Mate, sent you a text a few days ago but no reply have you changed your number?

Need some figures off you with regards to your sub box.

Hey buddy... Phone was off with EE for a couple of weeks "being fixed" ....

Didn't get anything.

What do you need bud?

350Box.jpg

Ahhh good show. Couldn't find that pic in your thread.

Hmmm I need 1cft of space and that's coming out at 0.65cft rounded up. What's the chances with the space limitations of increasing that to 1cft? Found a special 10x13" sub that would fit I'm presuming.

Ahhh good show. Couldn't find that pic in your thread.

Hmmm I need 1cft of space and that's coming out at 0.65cft rounded up. What's the chances with the space limitations of increasing that to 1cft? Found a special 10x13" sub that would fit I'm presuming.

Pretty sure, if you removed all the brackets, then you could go a little bigger.

The brackets for the parcel shelf and the OEM sub are on both sides for L&R hand drive.

I only took out the ones I needed to. but if you took them all out, then you might get the extra space you need. B)

Sound7.jpg

What's the sub you are looking at fitting?

Found out with the van install the the size/shape of the speaker means NOTHING with the wrong size box

but you should start with a decent speaker anyway.... ;)

Cool sounds like its possible then.

Herewith.....

null_zps1526a135.jpg

This is the word carefully chosen by Boston Acoustics to described the SPG555 reference subwoofer. With its neodymium structure, the powerful subwoofer is a lot lighter than its closest subwoofers of similar designs. Boston Acoustics unique Removable Voice Coil (RVCâ„¢) system and Soft Part System (SPSâ„¢) help make this subwoofer an advanced and powerful subwoofer. The oval design is made to push more air in a more effective manner. The SPG555 sub also works in enclosures with a volume as small a 1 cubic foot! This is truly a revolutionary subwoofer with a Boston Acoustics reputation.

Product Specifications:

13" Single 4 ohm SPG Series Oval Subwoofer

Power Handling:

RMS: 1000 watts

Impedance: Single 4 Ohm

Polypropylene cone woofer

Foam woofer surround

RadialVent® cooling directs airflow around the voice coil for increased power handling

RVCâ„¢ (Removable Voice Coil) allows coil to be exchanged without removing the woofer from the enclosure

SPSâ„¢ (Soft Part System) technology allows for cone assembly removal

SPG555 can be field-stripped and custom painted, powder-coated, or plated for a custom look

Simplified mounting with the integral sealing gaskets

3-1/2" Voice coil

3-3/4" peak to peak excursion for devastatingly accurate, deep bass output from small sealed enclosures

555 cm2 of surface area

Compatible with the SPG-TR passive radiator

Frequency response: 20-350 Hz

Sensitivity: 87.7dB

Xmax: 22mm

Mounting Depth: 8-1/4"

Cutout Dimensions: 13-3/16" x 10-7/16"

1-year Manufacturer's warranty

I'm contemplating fitting in oem layout, so sub facing forward. "10 in height it could be a squeez. We shall see.

Never heard of Boston Acoustics...... Man I thought you were a audiophile :dry:

I'm contemplating fitting in oem layout, so sub facing forward. "10 in height it could be a squeez. We shall see.

Never heard of Boston Acoustics...... Man I thought you were a audiophile :dry:

I meant I have never heard of the SPG555 you looooooooon

Always weary of non round speakers... could just be that shite 6x9's have put me off for life. :yuck:

Would be a BIG sub for facing forwards. I think you might struggle to do that.

Plus, apparently, you would get better sound with it pointing down/up. Or do you JUST want the kick in your back :teeth:

Hmmm didn't think of that. You may have a fair point there.....

I may go back to the drawing board then, and maybe head for a 10" for simplicity save cutting about inside too much.

• 1 month later...