Slimjim's 350Z Ownership Thread

slimjim

I like those rims....a lot!

And the fish tank but that's a topic for another day.

Cheers Eddy... Im looking for some different ones at the mo... so the wheels are probably available soon if you are interested in having them :)

Oh... and P.S. ... if you fancy wasting a couple of hours online... Take a look here ;)

http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/show ... p?t=281122

Did another "mod" today....

My boot takes two attempts to open, SO....

Went out and bought some 13mm round foam pads, which are about 2-3mm thick.

Stuck one of these on each of the rubber boot supports on the bottom/inside of my boot... and Voilà!

The boot now opens in one click.... classic! :yahoo:

This is normally solved by the "penny trick" it only cost 2 pence :)

Glad to see that you got your tyres & tracking sorted :thumbs:

Did another "mod" today....

My boot takes two attempts to open, SO....

Went out and bought some 13mm round foam pads, which are about 2-3mm thick.

Stuck one of these on each of the rubber boot supports on the bottom/inside of my boot... and Voilà!

The boot now opens in one click.... classic! :yahoo:

This is normally solved by the "penny trick" it only cost 2 pence :)

Glad to see that you got your tyres & tracking sorted :thumbs:

HA HA ... yeah, thing is, the bloomin sponge stuff doesn't work :(

I will have a search for the penny trick. Presume I need to us penny's instead of the foam?

The tracking has made a HUGE difference! Starting to get a little more confident... just in time to put her in the garage for winter :lol:

Think you work is going to be cut out buying her Christmas pressies. :lol:

Thing about that is ... we don't do Crimbo pressys!

Going to take her away for a few days before Crimbo though... that should do the trick!

• 3 months later...
Think I will go for some better rear struts.... and some for the front too ;)

FIRST MOD OF THE YEAR!

Due to me being a Jammy git and winning Tarmac's raffle, I have a set of bonnet Struts!

Just popped em on while I was touching up some bonnet chips.

I was worried that the bonnet wouldn't open as far with them on, as some photo's I have seen the bonnet looks "half open"...

But I had nothing to worry about, it opens about 1 or 2 degrees MORE than it does with the stay!

g.jpg

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

g3.jpg

g4.jpg

g5.jpg

Pretty cool.... Just gotta take off the rear ones and get them sent off to be re-gased :snack:

• 6 months later...

Been a while since an update....

Looking into ICE at the moment.

Not done much yet apart from research.

Put in a decent colour dome light rather than the awful yellow one's...

Just need to work out how to alter the vanity mirror ones now! (I think Akiri Designs are going to sort it)

light.jpg

Also managed to buy a sub box for my super stealth ICE install that I have on the cards.

Going to be a long time coming but I am in no real rush. Kinda doing it as cheaply as I can to get a decent system.

£50 for the box, £50 for a JL mono e1200 amp (not sure if it will be good enough yet, so may have to sell it) and £100 for a JL Audio 10w3v3 sub.

Waiting for the sub and the amp to turn up, but here is the box.

Think I may need to re-seal it, as the joins look a little big.

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

b5.jpg

b6.jpg

:teeth:

Also, preparing for the arrival of an Akari Design strut down light.

Managed to only snap one bit of plastic :doh:

A bit from the section that covers the boot latch.

broke1.jpg

broke2.jpg

Presume I can't glue it back on as it is the place where most of the pressure is applied... :dry:

Guessing ZManAlex could source me a new one. but I think I will wait till I have "done" my ICE install and get all the bits I need in one hit. :blink:

Anyway, the cover is off... and the rest of the trim for me to chase the power from the light.

:thumbs:

husky1.jpg

husky2.jpg

haha eager beaver! :D That clip almost always breaks mate, never made a difference tbh i wouldn't stress about it.

Check the underneath of the strut bar though as i think another one will be attached to it as it's missing off the trim. (i need that one back ;):lol: )

haha eager beaver! :D That clip almost always breaks mate, never made a difference tbh i wouldn't stress about it.

Check the underneath of the strut bar though as i think another one will be attached to it as it's missing off the trim. (i need that one back ;):lol: )

DOH! :doh:

What is there ANOTHER clip missing from the middle of that under piece then? ... OOOOOOPPPSSS!! :byebye:

Pretty cool.... Just gotta take off the rear ones and get them sent off to be re-gased :snack:

Also noticed I never said that I had sorted out my rest boot gos struts to be re-gassed over at Derby by sgs-engineering

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/pages/regassing-service

They did a refill for me. Thirty notes sorted it :thumbs:

Oh and 2 hints

a) get someone to HELP you take them off, just to hold the boot. The thing is CRAZY heavy.

B) take photo's of how they go on/what side. ;)

Not going to have my head chopped off by the boot slamming on it now! :yahoo:

Good turn around, sent them off on Thursday, they arrived on Tuesday.

Would recommend the service. Boot opens with ONE TOUCH now... not FIVE :D

-----

yeah, usually it's left behind when you pull it off.

Just pop it in with yours when you send it back to me, the new one will have one already on it.

Sorry dude... :blush:

Found it anyway, will send it off with the rest of it when the replacement turns up :thumbs:

snap.jpg

Also noticed I never said that I had sorted out my rest boot gos struts to be re-gassed over at Derby by sgs-engineering

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/pages/regassing-service

They did a refill for me. Thirty notes sorted it :thumbs:

Oh and 2 hints

a) get someone to HELP you take them off, just to hold the boot. The thing is CRAZY heavy.

B) take photo's of how they go on/what side. ;)

Not going to have my head chopped off by the boot slamming on it now! :yahoo:

Good turn around, sent them off on Thursday, they arrived on Tuesday.

Would recommend the service. Boot opens with ONE TOUCH now... not FIVE :D

Yes the boot is beyond any normal comprehension of heavy!!

Hence the Carbon boot ;)

Good luck with the stereo venture watching with interest.....

Hence the Carbon boot ;)

I think the ICE is going to be a long term thing. Not exactly flush at the mo after just getting back form the states.

Looking to get the HU when I get paid next month.... then things may move alone a little. :teeth:

Hence the Carbon boot ;)

I think the ICE is going to be a long term thing. Not exactly flush at the mo after just getting back form the states.

Looking to get the HU when I get paid next month.... then things may move alone a little. :teeth:

I'd be in the same position, I don't want to spend crazy amounts on an install. Already have the head unit so that's a fairly large proportion of the outlay. It'd just be components, sub(s) and amps.

I like the idea of stripping out the BOSE sub and placing the amps in there (nice and cool) and then going for either a under strut solution or on the back shelf. Only problem is, I like to go travelling and wouldn't want to consume a fixed amount of boot space, so I'd want to be able to pull the stuff out and have a basic setup if that be the case.

The only problem with ICE is the weight gain! :bang:

I'd be in the same position, I don't want to spend crazy amounts on an install. Already have the head unit so that's a fairly large proportion of the outlay. It'd just be components, sub(s) and amps.

I like the idea of stripping out the BOSE sub and placing the amps in there (nice and cool) and then going for either a under strut solution or on the back shelf. Only problem is, I like to go travelling and wouldn't want to consume a fixed amount of boot space, so I'd want to be able to pull the stuff out and have a basic setup if that be the case.

Yeah, I want to avoid the under strut thing as it takes up space in the boot I DO use.

No WAY you should do an install after the diet your Zed went on!!! Remind yourself how heavy amps and subs are! :scare:

Might as well stick your OEM boot back lid on :lol:

Yeah, I want to avoid the under strut thing as it takes up space in the boot I DO use.

No WAY you should do an install after the diet your Zed went on!!! Remind yourself how heavy amps and subs are! :scare:

Might as well stick your OEM boot back lid on :lol:

This is what I'm thinking. The BOSE speakers aren't THAT bad. It produces a sound so that does me fine. To be fair I listen more to the car than I do music, it's just a background thing. ALTHOUGH if the car was boring I'd be playing loud music!! :lol:

This is what I'm thinking. The BOSE speakers aren't THAT bad. It produces a sound so that does me fine. To be fair I listen more to the car than I do music, it's just a background thing. ALTHOUGH if the car was boring I'd be playing loud music!! :lol:

Gotta disagree with you there bud. The (Well my) BOSE speakers ARE that bad. They are bloomin' AWFUL.

but your motor is built for power/0-60/ engine & xorst sound. You should stick with the monster you have :thumbs:

I may uprev & plenum at some point but music is a HUGE thing to me, not having decent tunes in my car is awful. so Im gonna go down the Stereo route first B)

Gotta disagree with you there bud. The (Well my) BOSE speakers ARE that bad. They are bloomin' AWFUL.

but your motor is built for power/0-60/ engine & xorst sound. You should stick with the monster you have :thumbs:

I may uprev & plenum at some point but music is a HUGE thing to me, not having decent tunes in my car is awful. so Im gonna go down the Stereo route first B)

Maybe I just don't have a great pair of ears to notice the poor quality of the BOSE speakers?