Missing Service Stamp

HaydnH

Hi All,

I bought my Z in June and it was missing a stamp in the service book, it's a June '07 313 and only had the '08 service stamped in the book - however there was an invoice for the '09 service and I called the dealership to confirm they have a record of it prior to purchase. I've since had the '10 service done* and it's stamped in location 3 of the service book leaving the 2nd location free for a retrospective stamp from the dealer who did the service. I'm really scared that the service book may go missing, so what's the best way to get this stamp done? Send the book recorded delivery with a self addressed recorded delivery envelope for the return? The dealership that forgot to stamp the book is Crosby Park Nissan in Liverpool - has anyone had any dealings with these guys? Are they reliable enough to trust with a posted service book? I guess I could drive there but it's 235 miles each way which seems excessive just to get a stamp on a car that's done 14.5k miles!

*The '10 service was due when I bought the car, I bought it from a Hyundai dealer who offered to do the service for me but I wanted a full Nissan service history so they gave me £340 off the price... and then I got a full service done for £185 at mates rates @ Nissan. :teeth:

Cheers,

Haydn.

Getting it delivered safely isn't really the issue I guess............more which cretin is going to get hold of it at the garage.

If your going to send it I'd call before hand....get someones name that can be held personally accountable and send it directly to them.

Alternativly if you've got a mate who lives anywhere near you could post it up to them and ask them to personally take it in for you?

Bloody dealers! 3 times I've had a car serviced without the book being stamped......usually noticing as I'm 10 miles down the motorway from picking it up :bang:

If you decide to post it, do not use the recorded service. This just means it requires a signature at the other end. It would travel with all the standard mail and stand the same chance of being lost as anything else, depending on your opinion of Royal Mail. Send it 'Special Delivery' and it is tracked all the way (separate from the other mail) and still requires a signature.

If I was Nissan, given that one of my franchises messed up for a valuable customer, I would suggest authorising a stamp at your local dealer and record the event on the database, such that in the unlikely event that someone queries the service history when you sell the car, it has been correctly recorded and authorised.

But then I'm not Nissan and pigs might fly :bang:

Best of luck.