WARNING: Aviva Free 7 day Drive away Insurance

J3NTON

Hi guys,

You might remember a while back me posting that I had signed for a 370z GT...which I was supposed to be picking up today. Well, I got back from holiday hoping that everything was all fine and dandy, ready to pick up my beautiful 370...only to call Aviva for my free 7 day drive away Insurance and be told that Aviva no longer offer free 7 day drive away insurance for the 370z.

I'm GUTTED! :(

Theres me thinking i could shop around and enjoy my FREE week of insurance, only to be denied by a "Ever Changing set of rules and policies" - that was Aviva's reasoning for no longer insuring the 370 for short term deals. I tried a 1 day quick insurance company, who said exactly the same thing (!?)

I've quickly signed up for a policy with Churchill and have to wait for my Policy Certificate to be delivered before the delearship can tax my new baby.

So just a warning to everyone, not to trust these 7 day driveaway insurances as their policies and which vehicles they insure change daily!

I'm going to go cry now...again :(

Some dealers if they are friendly with their local post office poeple, will tax your new car with proof of insurance of a current car

you never heard that from me :ninja:

And if your insurance company where any good, they could email you a copy of your certificate. Thats what I did. Printed it out, took it to dealer, and waited while they went away and taxed it.

Must admit I can't see the point of these 7-day insurances, or have faith in them - I would rather know I had a good 365 day insurance in place from day 1

But sorry to hear you have been messed around and the dog gets his paperwork to your dealer swiftish :thumbs:

post offices don't actually accept photocopies or faxes of insurance certificates (or they're not meant to). also if you know your getting the car; then why not just organise the insurance properly in the first place.

sorry to hear you had to go through this and hope you get it all sorted quickly.

post offices don't actually accept photocopies or faxes of insurance certificates (or they're not meant to).

They can accept prints of downloaded cover notes as of April this year (which sounds a bit fake-able if you ask me!) and have accepted faxes for as long as I can remember, I used a fax in June. Photocopies aren't acceptable though which, considering you can take a print or fax, seems ridiculous! Confirmation from the DirectGov.

Did you get it from a Nissan dealer. When I bought my car 5 weeks ago they automatically included free 7 day insurance to avoid all the hassle of organising full cover during the change over. They said it was now a Nissan standard policy. Great idea and avoids silly hassles of faxing policy cover notes etc.

I did ask Churchill if they could fax or email me a copy but no dice. They just said it takes 3-5 days and the dealership needed the original copy of the certificate anyway.

Its my first time buying a car from new, so i think i'll learn to just go for my own insurance before hand next time.

Did you get it from a Nissan dealer. When I bought my car 5 weeks ago they automatically included free 7 day insurance to avoid all the hassle of organising full cover during the change over. They said it was now a Nissan standard policy. Great idea and avoids silly hassles of faxing policy cover notes etc.

Yep, it was a nissan dealer and it was all included like yours. Its just the company that throws in the 7 day insurance have changed their policy on what vehicles they include in their 7 day free insurance....which is a bit poo for me. The dealership were shocked as they have had a few 370's come through fine with the 7 day free insurance just over a month ago.

Yep, it was a nissan dealer and it was all included like yours. Its just the company that throws in the 7 day insurance have changed their policy on what vehicles they include in their 7 day free insurance....which is a bit poo for me. The dealership were shocked as they have had a few 370's come through fine with the 7 day free insurance just over a month ago.

Ouch bad luck, still will be sweeter when you finally get it.

I did ask Churchill if they could fax or email me a copy but no dice. They just said it takes 3-5 days and the dealership needed the original copy of the certificate anyway.

Tell them faxes are valid and provide the link I posted above... then tell the lazy ass call center bloke to get off his arse and do some work!

I had a very similar issue today.

The dealer needed the policy cover note to get the car registered, so off I trot to the insurers this morning and all sorted for the princely sum of £482, fully comp.

Get back to my desk and PDF'd a copy to the dealer who called me 10 mins later to say that they needed the original, so an hour or so later the dealer turns up and my work to collect it and drives it to the DVS (Jersey version of the DVLA).

Half an hour later poor salesman calls me to say that the DVS wont accept it because my licence is in the name of Paul S C*****er and policy is Paul C*****er, no "S". Poor bloke had to drive all the way back to the insurers who I called to get an amended version issued, collect the amended cover note and then back to the DVS.......All because of some pathertic, beauracratic, twaddle! :rant:

Still, at least I get to colect the car tomorrow. :teeth:

same thing happened to me with aviva then dealer gave me details of nissan own 7 day free instead told they do not normally use nissan because they are charged £10 !!

Same happened to me. Nissan kindly "gave" me 7 days free insurance after Aviva let me down at the very last minute.