350z as a daily drive questions

Matt L

firstly i appologise if this has been asked a million times before,

I am looking to get a 350 in the near future (unless the part of my brain that controls the common sense kicks in which tbh im hoping it doesnt) once my job has been made more secure (still in the probation period as i managed to find a new better job after being made redundant about 2months ago) but it now means my weekly commute is around 200miles a week (country a roads though) + other driving usually means around 300miles a week now my questions are...

does anyone else do relitively high miles each week in a 350? if so what is the average mpg you tend to get? and how much does a tank actually cost to fill?

also would like to know general costs of owning a 350 too please eg, tyres, services, mots, common repair costs, tax (pre 06 is cheaper?) (if there are any) and i know it all depends on where you go for the following but just general prices would be much appreciated.

car i will be looking to get is 350 obviously :lol: but pre 06 because of the cheaper tax? (hopefully find a gt) but around 40k miles hopefully aswell if that makes a diff service wise.

thanks in advance :D

Matt,

1) Costs about £80 to fill on V-Power. Going short journeys around town (c.21mpg) I get about 320 miles/tank.

2) Gentle motorway cruising will get you 30-32 mpg.

3) Service interval is 9,000 miles and the services are: P1 (minor), P2 (intermediate), P1, P3 (major), etcI'm having a P3 service done next week by an indy which will be c.£300. Main dealer quoted me £500.

4) Tax should be £245 p.a.

Have only done about 5,000 miles in mine so far so can't comment on tyres, but there are lots of guys on here who can magic up pretty much anything you need in terms of service items, parts, repair kits (such as for a clicking rear axle) and upgrades!

HTH,

Alex

I currently do about 350-500 miles per week, and as said it's about £80 per tank on the good stuff.

The only downside is that you'll put your foot down a lot and you'll probably see 22mpg for a while. quite easily hit 28, but you have to drive it like sensibly.

As mentioned, the other consideration is servicing.

It's not entirely cost prohibitive but all in all including servicing /tax insurance probably close to £500 per month, just depends if you're happy with that cost.

I currently do about 350-500 miles per week, and as said it's about £80 per tank on the good stuff.

The only downside is that you'll put your foot down a lot and you'll probably see 22mpg for a while. quite easily hit 28, but you have to drive it like sensibly.

As mentioned, the other consideration is servicing.

It's not entirely cost prohibitive but all in all including servicing /tax insurance probably close to £500 per month, just depends if you're happy with that cost.

yeah i know for a fact the first few months ill be at the petrol station ALOT :lol: the noise will be addictive, insurance would be between 50-70 a month depending on who i go with, petrol i imagine would roughly cost £320 :| wow only just worked that out a month :lol: hmmm...

I use mine as my daily run about car. Its fine, bit noisy on the motorway with tyre and wind noise but apart from that no complaints really apart from the poor loading space. Seems to take mileage well. Seats are good. I've not had any issues with mine so far.

I get about 25 mpg on average. You have to drive it for mpg to get any lower.

Good to hear you got another job Matt. :yahoo:

I've not forgot about photoshoot,still waiting for centre cap to come. :wacko:

thanks and neither have i :p just let me know when your ready :) who knows i may have one by the time haha.

Mod cost = well id just have to save for it.

To who ever mentioned ins cost why the increase?

I went through all this before I bought mine - honestly don't think about it too hard. You arrive at work smiling and you arrive home from work smiling - it is priceless! ;)

But for the record -the above figures sound right, I get about 25mpg with a mix of driving/roads. Mine is a March 06 so is £245 to tax, post march '06 I think you are lookin at over £400. Make sure you know what the usual 350 niggles are and if you want peace of mind get the car checked out before you buy it. As its a Nissan not much should go wrong.

I just so happen to know where you can get a march 06 mint car for £13,800 :lol:

I use my Zed as a daily driver and do around 200 miles a week to and from work on A-Roads ..

I usually fill up £50 on Monday morning and that lasts me until the following Monday morning ...

I think I get around 22mpg on average ... there have been a few weeks where I have got 26 but mostly it's in the 22 - 24 mpg mark ..

:thumbs:

I use my Zed as a daily driver and do around 200 miles a week to and from work on A-Roads ..

I usually fill up £50 on Monday morning and that lasts me until the following Monday morning ...

I think I get around 22mpg on average ... there have been a few weeks where I have got 26 but mostly it's in the 22 - 24 mpg mark ..

:thumbs:

i get about the same as this do around 230-240 miles during the week spend £50 on petrol, i seem to average around 28mpg but i don't really hoon it to work and back but have a blast most other times :D

A P3 service is the most expensive and spark plugs need replacing at 50k miles IIRC. So if you are that bother about service costs then look for one with those recently done, and perhaps evidence of a recent clutch as they seem to get a hard life from 350Z owners.

MPG wise I get mid twenties average.

Motorway at 70-80 mid to late twenties, motorway trips with the cruise set to 65 will get nearly 30mpg and round town low twenties.

I don't bother with V power as it doesn't seem to make a perceptible difference on the road for me. Plus one of my regular V Power filling stations got done some time back by trading standards for selling boggo unleaded out of V power pumps, I never bothered since then as I couldn't tell the difference anyway.

Doing about 250-300 miles a week

Since the remap by RS I average circa 30mpg normal driving, 34 motorway and 14 if I drive mental :D

Tyres last roughly 14-16k on the rear and 25k front but again dependant on driving style and tyre compound

Servicing is not any more than a normal car ( most new cars are all fully synthetic etc) and whilst we have plugs to change at 50k-60k we dont have any timing belt so thats a plus :thumbs:

Pre 04 car tax is circa £240 which again is pretty normal for any car other than the super eco friendly types

Insurance will be a bit more than the norm but when all said what other car will give you the smile factor and make you want to drive to work :#1::#1:

How is it I've never seen below 22mpg no matter how I drive? I even managed 38mpg from Chesterfield to Cornwall! It seems to drink more on cruise control rather than a light foot. I average about 29mpg with combined driving styles. Mine is a 313 model not sure if it makes a difference. Think I ended up getting around 450 miles to the tank which was full of v power.