What else makes a Nismo?

triplefan

No your not

and what makes you think that?

Because you're not....

the nismo version (gt4) has been remapped by nismo giving you an extra 20 bhp

No it hasnt. Its just the first cars they put the 296bhp engine in, all cars 06 model to the new 07 bonet bulge twin intake had the same engine.

also you get a special name plate in the middle between the seats saying its a gt4 and what number it is

Yes you do

and finally you get a a set of limited edition alloy wheels you can only get with the gt4.

Not true - there were lots in ireland with these wheels on, and many found their way to mainland UK with these wheels on too.

forgot you get a nismo air pannel filter and a few other nismo bits under the hood

Only if the previous owner fitted them, from the factory they came with the exact same bits as every other engine.

also forgot, when you bought this car brand new it came with a ps2 with a copy a gran turismo 4 in the boot

Yes it did.

Whoa, I seem to have opened a can of worms :yahoo:

But thanks for the interesting read, so can anyone give me an idea of price for the Nismo body bits (front, sills and boot spoiler)

Right, brace myself for the backlash but..................... I'm not a big fan of the Rays, and want to do something different, well that's not entirely true, the wheels I am looking at are Rays but these ones

VolkproME.jpg

LOL! at all the "Nismo" stuff, fact is that Nissan did a Nismo version of virtually every performance or cult car they ever produced, it was just a factory tart up in most cases, body trim/kit interior tweaks and only a few select models got some engine and suspension tweaks but they where rare, it was mostly just for looks, and most where only available as JDM cars, with a few exceptions.

LOL! at all the "Nismo" stuff, fact is that Nissan did a Nismo version of virtually every performance or cult car they ever produced, it was just a factory tart up in most cases, body trim/kit interior tweaks and only a few select models got some engine and suspension tweaks but they where rare, it was mostly just for looks, and most where only available as JDM cars, with a few exceptions.

I wouldnt call a car that was supplied from the dealer with a nismo kit a Nismo version.

The R-tune, S-Tune, 380RS, Version Nismo etc, are Nismo cars.

The rest are just nismo kitted

This is a Nismo car

ny_07_nismo350z.jpg

This is also a Nismo car

2005-Nissan-NISMO-350Z-S-Tune-GT-SA-1024x768.jpg

This is not a Nismo car

6blb2u8.jpg

Neither is this

100_1471.jpg

But thanks for the interesting read, so can anyone give me an idea of price for the Nismo body bits (front, sills and boot spoiler)

Right, brace myself for the backlash but..................... I'm not a big fan of the Rays, and want to do something different, well that's not entirely true, the wheels I am looking at are Rays but these ones

VolkproME.jpg

what are these wheels? they are gorgeous, are they expensive?

VolkproME.jpg

what are these wheels? they are gorgeous, are they expensive?

Volk Progressiv ME - tres expensive.