What else makes a Nismo?

triplefan

After the bodykit, what else do you get for your extra dosh, and how does it compare to the GT

And more importantly is it worth (what would appear to be the ridiculous price hike) it?

Could the body parts be bought separately, are there engine or suspension mods?

the nismo version (gt4) has been remapped by nismo giving you an extra 20 bhp, also you get a special name plate in the middle between the seats saying its a gt4 and what number it is, and finally you get a a set of limited edition alloy wheels you can only get with the gt4.

forgot you get a nismo air pannel filter and a few other nismo bits under the hood

hope this helps

also forgot, when you bought this car brand new it came with a ps2 with a copy a gran turismo 4 in the boot

the nismo version (gt4) has been remapped by nismo giving you an extra 20 bhp, also you get a special name plate in the middle between the seats saying its a gt4 and what number it is, and finally you get a a set of limited edition alloy wheels you can only get with the gt4.

forgot you get a nismo air pannel filter and a few other nismo bits under the hood

hope this helps

also forgot, when you bought this car brand new it came with a ps2 with a copy a gran turismo 4 in the boot

:scare::surrender::thumbdown::snack::bangin::ban::byebye::shrug:

hope this helps

No you dont.

What Nismo version? Just a car with a Nismo kit? The import only version Nismo?

I'm asumming its just a car with a Nismo kit, which is available from most traders on here, as is the exhaust & the wheels

if he's talking about the uk nismo version (gt4) then im correct, if he's talking about something else then i dont have a clue

The gt4 is not a nismo, it's a limited edition that they brought out to coincide with gran turismo 4 being released, it came with the slightly more powerful revue engine a year before the face lid came out with the same engine,

The full nismo version of the zed has updated suspension, a full stainless exhaust, body kit and 19" nismo alloys aswell as a different ecu

The GT4 has a different engine to the earlier Z, this is where the extra HP comes from. Its the same engine that is found in the facelifted models available from 06 onwards.

The GT4 was available with a Nismo kit fitted but not all of them had it.

There is no Nismo remap, Theres no Nismo filter & theres no other under bonnet Nismo goodies either

on my v5 form of me gt4 it says nismo gt4, but it does sound like we have our wires crossed and talking about 2 differant things

and yes your right about the body kit but im right about the other things, the ecu is remapped to 296bhp, and revs increased by 500rpm, and the pannel filter and nismo rad cap

Can someone please answer the OP's questions in a definitive manner

After the bodykit, what else do you get for your extra dosh, and how does it compare to the GT

And more importantly is it worth (what would appear to be the ridiculous price hike) it?

Can someone please answer the OP's questions in a definitive manner

I can answer one :#1:

there was no uk nismo cars ever made...

what you did get was a factory fit, like mines. basically all the parts were ordered and put on before delivery from the factory.

it took 3 months for my car to come from being ordered(according to nissan) as the guy spec'd it with as much nismo stuff he could buy... (before anyone comments, it did also have the nismo zorst, but got sold)

even some of the aftermarket genuine nismo kits dont fit perfect, the biggest thing i noticed was with the spoiler, the fins at the side which come down to meet the bootlid should be tight fitting, mines are really tight with no gap, where as alot of them i have seen, even though genuine, have gaps.

on my v5 form of me gt4 it says nismo gt4, but it does sound like we have our wires crossed and talking about 2 differant things

and yes your right about the body kit but im right about the other things, the ecu is remapped to 296bhp, and revs increased by 500rpm, and the pannel filter and nismo rad cap

No idea why it says Nismo GT4 on the V5. There was one version of the GT4 released in the UK (35th Anniversary everywhere else) it had the newer engine which did increase the rev limit and is 296bhp but this is due to a reworking on the engine internals not mapping alone. This engine became standard in 2006.

I also have a nismo rad cap that I bought..... A panel filter can be bought and replaced in 10seconds. It's not anything special and nothing that can't be bought aftermarket.

The Nismo kit was available on the GT4 as a cost option like it was on any other 350Z.

You did get a PS2 and GT4 in the boot when new though. :thumbs:

On a standard car the nismo normally means that simply it has a nismo kit fitted from new and it was a dealer option. Other Nismo bits were available too.

It's nice to have but you can purchase them from our traders if you want it and the car you want doesn't have it.

No, your wrong about most things :surrender:

even some of the aftermarket genuine nismo kits dont fit perfect, the biggest thing i noticed was with the spoiler, the fins at the side which come down to meet the bootlid should be tight fitting, mines are really tight with no gap, where as alot of them i have seen, even though genuine, have gaps.

this will most likely be the US nismo rear spoiler, Made out of different material and a slightly different shape, gaps between the spoiler and bootlid