results after 2nd reflash

showtime1

results are in after my first trip to rs in leeds a couple of months ago. standard was 269.9 running lean so after the map 283.5 .

been today after plenium spacer , gt airbox and tb spacer now 295 didnt gain much torque which paul said is very surprising he was expecting a load of torque and not much hp

• 2 weeks later...
results are in after my first trip to rs in leeds a couple of months ago. standard was 269.9 running lean so after the map 283.5 .

been today after plenium spacer , gt airbox and tb spacer now 295 didnt gain much torque which paul said is very surprising he was expecting a load of torque and not much hp

Are we talking at the wheels or fly? Also what year is your car? Cos if that's at the wheels that's mighty impressive!

Are we talking at the wheels or fly? Also what year is your car? Cos if that's at the wheels that's mighty impressive!

RS measure at the fly I believe.

RS measure at the fly I believe.

Right I see.... :doh: I was going to say 295 at the wheels with a plenum spacer and uprev is darn amazing!

Might seem like a dumb question - but does this affect insurance? I'm never sure when you have to inform them about 'modifications' and always fear the 'we're not going to pay out because....' type situation.

Your insurers are basing their quote (and therefore their invitation to buy cover) on the facts that you present (X). If you then have to make a claim and during their investigations they find out that your car is actually something else (Y), then you could run into trouble. It's no different than you buying something which turns out not to fit the description that you based your decision on.

HTH,

Animal

This is always my worry - Insurers will use anything to wriggle out of a claim. Do those people that make subtle mods (plenum spacer, airbox, de-cat, different exhaust then declare these to the insurers - if so it would be interesting to find out if the premium goes up.

You should inform insurers of absolutely any and every modification. Premiums may or may not go up depending on the company. When I was with Direct Line, modifying anything, no matter how small would have put my premium up by what I considered an unreasonable amount. I'm with Adrian Flux now and they are much more mod friendly. I had to pay a little extra when I had my spacer, MREV2 and Uprev done, but it was fairly minimal really.

Personally I don't think it's worth the risk of not informing the insurers of mods. If you need to make a claim you don't want to give them any excuse to not pay out!

This is always my worry - Insurers will use anything to wriggle out of a claim. Do those people that make subtle mods (plenum spacer, airbox, de-cat, different exhaust then declare these to the insurers - if so it would be interesting to find out if the premium goes up.

In changing my car insurance to Adrian Flux - my policy actually went down in price.

I've included all modifications, plenum, uprev (if you can call that a modification), XYZ pipe, Air induction, Carbon boot, and not forgetting the NOS (specified at 75 shot).

In addition to this if I want to change the interior or exterior in ANY way - my premium does not increase. Their policy states "if the modifications do not enhance BHP there will be no increase". I even get European cover, all Legal costs covered, replacement vehicle, lost keys policy too. All this and I saved about £60 on my previous policy.

Okay there is one slight drawback - my previous Excess was £200, it's now £500.

Not really: if it should be paid under the policy then it should be paid under the policy (although you're obviously going to have to fight with the call centre muppet in their claims department every step of the way!). My point was this:

If you buy something (such as an air filter) off the internet or over the phone (i.e. without seeing it first), and pay for it in good faith, you'd be pi**ed off if you got something different through the post. Likewise, you'd be angry if you bought insurance and later found out that you weren't covered for accidents that happened in the rain or whatever.

From your insurers point of view it's the same thing: they're not getting what they signed up to. This is why insurers make it a condition under the policy that you notify them as soon as possible of any material changes - if you don't you could be in breach of contract.

I'm with Adrian Flux and they've said before that for each mod that increases power they will charge an additional premium of 10%. My last car had an aftermarket exhaust and different brakes: I was charged for the exhaust but not for the brakes.

• 5 months later...