Bluetooth is a joke

geoff-r

Is anyone else fed of their bluetooth? It is shocking. I can't have a conversation on it without having to shout my head off by that time I get fed up and don't bother having a conversation, it's quite bad at low speed but do anything above 40-50mph and you may as well not bother. The 350 was never that great but it was better than the 370. So am I in the minority, as in something might be wrong with my bluetooth or am I in the majority?

I presume you have adjusted the volume? I do find I need to close the windows to help the conversation and still have the habit of talking towards the mic but have not had anyone say thet can't hear me.

On the odd occasion the bluetooth has not connected - mostly down to me (but not always) not remembering to activate the bluetooth on the phone which I tend to switch off to save the phone battery if I know I am not using the car for a while :blush::doh:

The fact you can dial contacts through the sat nav system and beam them from the phone to the car makes life a lot easier. Overall I do find it a significant improvement on the 350.

I think there must be something wrong with yours.

I've had quite few conversations at around 70 and no need to shout, the caller is really clear, always connects first time and generally works a treat!

Voice dialling also works really well. Not sure if it would make a difference (shouldn't), but I'm using a Nokia E71. No need to lean toward the microphone at all.

Try a different phone if you can or get the stealers to check it out.

I think there must be something wrong with yours.

I've had quite few conversations at around 70 and no need to shout, the caller is really clear, always connects first time and generally works a treat!

Voice dialling also works really well. Not sure if it would make a difference (shouldn't), but I'm using a Nokia E71. No need to lean toward the microphone at all.

Try a different phone if you can or get the stealers to check it out.

+1 works well with my iphone :wacko:

I have a Sony Ericsson Satio, I have no problems at all with it connecting, it works really well as I leave the bluetooth on all the time it connects as soon as I get in. I can hear the caller just most of the time it breaks up a lot and it's not due to signal. This all makes me thing something is wrong. My 350 was perfect when you made a call. I don't want to have to take the car to the dealers :(

Edit: I meant to say the breaking up is not with them it's on my end with them hearing me, I can hear them no problem at all, mic problem?

Can understand your reluctance about letting the dealers get involved.

Try positioning your phone somewhere else in the car and see if that helps. I use a Brodit phone holder which simply 'clamps' around the A pillar so I can see the screen and it also means the phone can be charged. On the occasions when I did forget to switch the bluetooth on and got a call I simply swithched the phone's loudspeaker on and could carry on the conversation without it going through the car's system.

If re-siting your phone does not work I would suggest that before going the dealers you 'pair' another phone with the car and see if you get the same symptons. Which if you do, will help convince the dealer it is not a phone issue.

Thanks for the replies guys really helpful. I will try out a few of the suggestions and see how I get on. Dealer really is the last resort. I don't fancy having to claim for body work as they usually manage to damage the car in some way or another.

What phone do you have??

The reason I ask is I had a Nokia which was really really rubbish in the car, could not hear caller and they always assumed I was talking to them whilst on the pot :lol:

Then my boss kindly got me an iPhone.... wow what a difference, on full volume I can hear every word clearly and callers have commented on the clarity of the call....... they mainly say "stop flooring it all, I can hear is your zorst" :lol:

Might be worth trying a different phone just to see?

Mate, for Christs sake, do not take it to the dealer! They'll have ot for another 3 months! :lol::lol:

You know why I don't want to take it down all too well mate! It'll be bye bye Zed for another 3 months.

What phone do you have??

The reason I ask is I had a Nokia which was really really rubbish in the car, could not hear caller and they always assumed I was talking to them whilst on the pot :lol:

Then my boss kindly got me an iPhone.... wow what a difference, on full volume I can hear every word clearly and callers have commented on the clarity of the call....... they mainly say "stop flooring it all, I can hear is your zorst" :lol:

Might be worth trying a different phone just to see?

I have an SE Satio mate, I don't think it makes too much difference as I had that phone when I had my 350 and it was perfect, plus it's only the bluetooth that connects, I don't use the mic on the phone. But you are right, I should try another phone, might give the brothers iPhone a go.

• 1 month later...
Never really got on with the bluetooth in my 350, interesting to hear the mixed reviews on the 370 now. It always worked okay for me, but person on the other end of the phone always said I sounded miles away....

That was the comment I got in my 350. I've all but given up on the 370's bluetooth :dry:

sadly there is actually good reason to take it to the dealer, most people dont realise it but any time their car is hooked up to diagnostics usually the dealer brings all the software on the cars up to the latest level, this includes the bluetooth! infact that's one of the software sets you can guarantee will have a new release every time. You might find the fault is software related so a patch would resolve the issue. Up to you but i would say for such a new car, going to the dealers once in a whie is a good thing as they sort all the bugs out.

I build these software packs in my job so im not making it up :lol: :lol: