CS sponsored Modification Competition!

Stew

Cougar Store 350Z Modification Competition

Sigpic.jpg

Mitz (CS) from Cougar Store has kindly donated the prize in a competition where we aim to find the best modification on a 350z-uk members car. All club members (registered users on the forum) are welcome to join in and enter the competition.

Just pick your favouite modification and enter it. Extra points will be gained for something unique. It can be something big or something small as long as it's a modification!

The Rules

• [*:2zt38ayo]The car that the modification has been carried out on must belong to the competition entrant
    [*:2zt38ayo]The modification must have been purchased and fitted with the last 12 months
    [*:2zt38ayo]Only one entry per member
    [*:2zt38ayo]Only one single modification is to be judged so choose your favourite one!
    [*:2zt38ayo]The competition will remain open for 4 weeks closing on 20th August at midnight.
    [*:2zt38ayo]Any entry deemed unsuitable (not within the rules) will be removed by the Admin/Mod Team
    [*:2zt38ayo]The winning entrant chooses one prize from the three listed
    [*:2zt38ayo]The judging panel are not permitted to enter
    [*:2zt38ayo]The judges will be the 350z-uk Team and Mitz (CS) from Cougar Store
    [*:2zt38ayo]The judges decision is final!

Method for Entry

• [*:2zt38ayo]Attach a few decent photos to a post
    [*:2zt38ayo]Detail the modification being entered
    [*:2zt38ayo]Add a sentence or two explaining why you chose to carry it out
    [*:2zt38ayo] Sit back and hope you win the prize!

The Prize!

Mitz from the Cougar Store has selected three items and the winner chooses the one item they want! The items are

• [*:2zt38ayo]A set of Viper Engine Bay Hoses in either red or blue.
Click to view
[*:2zt38ayo]A set of HEL brake lines. Click to view
[*:2zt38ayo]A set of Zed burger badges. Click to view

There will also be a runner up prize of an Eibach goody bag containing a T Shirt, cap, pen and lanyard

EibachCompBudle.jpg

I think we can all agree it's a great choice of prizes and there is something for everyone there. We all look forward to seeing the winners choice of prize on their car!

Thanks to Cougar Store for supplying the prize for this great competition. Mitz will be helping with the judging so ordering loads of parts as a bribe might well help! All bribes to the 350z-uk team can be made via the Donate button!

Best of luck everyone and don't be afraid to enter, you have until the 20th of August to do so. Remember it's not the prize that counts, it's the glory of being the winner! :#1:

Please put all entries in this thread!

All discussion should be put in this thread - Click to discuss

Ok so I am going to choose my matt orange wrap as my mod. The reason for this as it changes the whole look of the car and is still a pretty unique / rare thing to have. Plus I am the only 350z in the uk that has matt orange (that I am aware of) :

14052010286.jpg

It used to be blade silver before and dont get me wrong, got alot of attention. But since I have added the wrap............ It gets noticed everywhere I go and people are always having a nosey at it :blush::D

Oh and the chicks seem to like it aswell :lol:

smc5.jpg

:#1: A Stubby :lol::lol:

Check me out !!!! I can now roll up to meets and hold my head up high :teeth:

A MASSIVE MASSIVE thankyou to VIK & NIXY For the best Birthday pressie I could have wished for.... Love you both xx :cloud9::yahoo::yahoo:

Im made up guys :blush:;)

As you can see below the car has been completely transformed :D The lines of the car have been sensationalised and dare I say it... I think the ZED has gained more power as there is not as much drag now B)

Fitting Difficulty level : Sober 1 , Hungover 8

Guide : The first task is to remove the old aerial, this can be tricky after a skinful the night before and I would suggest using grippers but put a towel around the base of the aerial in case you slip and damage your body work... Next bit I found particularly hard, I enlisted the help of an elderly neighbour for this !! On the end of the aerial is a screw thread, you need to line this up with where your old aerial used to be and then errm Screw it on.. (A little tip for you is 'Lefty Loosey......Righty Tighty' ) As we are putting the Aerial on, we will be opting for 'Righty Tighty'.

Here is the finished result.... Frightening I know :scare:B)

35d9108a.jpg

Vik/Nix Seriously guys im well chuffed.... Thank you dearly :blush::thumbs:

So many new parts to choose from :lol: But I've settled on this :)

Cosworth Plenum B)

After seeing the gains that the U.S guys have made with the cosworth plenum, I decided that with my pending s/c install that I should get one. It would also form the centrepiece of my 4th engine bay transformation :D Rather than leave it the standard grey or get it polished, I asked Adam@Z1 to get it painted for me in a crinkle black effect - This looks a lot lot better in the flesh than it does in my crappy pictures :lol:

DSC_3594.jpg

DSC_3415.jpg

DSC_3251.jpg

:teeth:

Okay - I suppose I should have a go....

Nitrous Installation - Stealth - Installed by Abbey Motorsport - Sorry lots of pic's due to the fact it's made up of many components!!

Reason for modification : - MORE POWER!! :yahoo: No seriously, I wanted something a little different to the norm, i.e. Super Charger or Turbo, but at the same time keeping the install as hidden and stealthy as possible. There are two 5Ib bottles in the now modified glove box that produces an extra 75bhp at the flick of a switch. Every time I sit at the lights I feel like I'm in Fast and the Furious.... - Reach over, turn the bottle on, flip the switch check my PSI and off we go! Yeeeha!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

My favourite switch in the car!! (Go baby go!) :drive1

12.jpg

My wheels were getting in a right state so I decided to do a quick refurb at home :)

I did them satin anthracite.

This mod is great becuase the results are so dramatic yet the costs are minimal. I spent £30 altogether.

Here are the results :-

GEDC3155.jpg

GEDC3154.jpg

GEDC3156.jpg

GEDC3152.jpg

I've chosen my strut bar because it was the first mod I did all by myself :teeth:

I wrapped it matt black and sprayed the Z blue to match the black and blue scheme I am going for, inside and out!!!

DSCN0883.JPG

DSCN0889.JPG

DSCN0881.JPG

Good luck everyone :D

:yahoo:

Can i enter my Cheap ass lip spoiler that i made from a seat leon cupra r splitter, cost £23.50 and looks pretty good for the money :thumbs: Any chance of someone putting a pic up of it from the styling section as im not sure how to , thanks :thumbs:

Edit, looks like you have done it.

Martin :)

100_2907.jpg

100_2904.jpg

100_2896.jpg

100_2894.jpg

100_2893.jpg

100_2892.jpg

100_2892.jpg

Here is my entry, totally unique (maybe for a reason) -

Centre arm rest in italian leather :teeth:

sdc10252m.jpg

Matches the interior and looks OEM I think, and before anyone asks....

Yes it does cover up the centre cubby, but as that only contains a 350GB Hard Drive of music which I update say once a month its not really a problem :p

Yes it does cover up the heated seat and hazard switches, but they are accessible as it is only fitted with velcro.

It really makes a difference on a long journey :thumbs:

Ok, this is the only mod I've completed besides EBC Rdstuff's and I know you don't want pictures of brake pads!! :) Only had the car not quite two weeks so my first mod will have to do. RSW silver carbon fibre dash. Like all these things the important thing is I like it :D

• 4 weeks later...

can i enter my front bumper? lol

It wont be finished till next week :(

Front bumper - Nismo Type N1

Middle part has been cut out,

side vents have been smoothed out,

New grill cut into top of bumper,

custom made canards,

from this

Photo0321.jpg

to this .............. so far :)

Photo0364.jpg

ive loads but i guess ill pick my new headlights B)

Painted internals, liquid yellow and black

Multi function drifting strobes and remote controled coloured centre lens

002-1.jpg

Strobe light fitted to housing

003-1.jpg

a little teaser video (if anyone can edit this video to play a song over it rather than the noise of the wifes fish tank i would appricate it ...lol)

th_004.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

And the winner of the mod competition is

A 'Cheap ass lip spoiler'

Can i enter my Cheap ass lip spoiler that i made from a seat leon cupra r splitter, cost £23.50 and looks pretty good for the money :thumbs: Any chance of someone putting a pic up of it from the styling section as im not sure how to , thanks :thumbs:

Edit, looks like you have done it.

Martin :)

100_2907.jpg

100_2904.jpg

100_2896.jpg

100_2894.jpg

100_2893.jpg

100_2892.jpg

100_2892.jpg

And in 2nd position winning the goody bag was

Here is mine:

Re trimmed head lining in black, I choose this one because it was the first mod that I made my self on any car I owned.

It gives a sporty and and cousy feel to the cabin, yet it doesn't effect the feel of space

Photo0134.jpg

Photo0132.jpg

Photo0133.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

Special Mention to Jay and Ian who came joint third but didn't snag a prize unfortunately

This was such a close competition all the way through voting! It was neck and neck most of the time but Bodyboarders entry sneaked a win in the end.

Well done Bodyboarder and hope to see the new mod fitted soon!