If I were to sell...

MattMe

I don't want to sell my 350z, it has honestly been the best car I ever owned. If I do sell it I know I'll buy one again as soon as possible.

However, I might. :ban:

If I do I'll want the cash fairly quickly so I need your opinions on what it might be worth. I've looked on AutoTrader, eBay, the For Sale thread here and I'm struggling to get a fair average.

Car info:

2004 (MY04 plate) UK, Silver, GT (Bose, Cruise, Elec Leather etc)

62K miles

Full Nissan service history, just had P2

Motul DOT4 brake fluid, always used Silkoline Pro oil

Pipercross air filter, post '06 air box

New clutch fitted earlier this year

Red stuff pads all round

New OEM back box fitted by Nissan around 2 years ago

Front end respray (bonnet & bumper) to repair stone chips/laquer coming off - looks like new, perfect match. Number plate brick removed. Fitted splash guards all round. Paint in immaculate condition.

Nearly new Falken tyres all round

Stubby aerial

Cleaned using dodo juice products, including SuperNatural waxed every few weeks.

4 Wheel laser alligned few months ago - wasn't far off TBH, just took it to check.

New standard gear knob to replce slightly chipped old one.

Bluetooth

20mm spacer all round

Bad bits:

Bit of wear on drivers bolster

Bose stereo (need I say more?) Sometimes skips, sometimes left speaker cut out.

front wheels slightly curbed (before I got, may I add!)

That's about all I can think of for now. I've owned it over 18 months now, always really looked after it (3rd owner I think), previous owner looked after really well, only sold due to disability.

I've made a few subtle mods (stubby, spacers, airbox) but I'm not a mad driver or crazy modder, I've looked after my car.

I can't think what else to tell, so please ask, but how much do you think would be a fair price to shift it?

I'd be hoping for £9,500 - £10,000, but that's probably top end?

Cheers guys,

Oh and if I do sell I'll still knock around here - definitely the best forum I've ever joined, log in every day to see what's going off.

Matt.

Good question that I wish I had a good answer to.

Depends on what it's worth as to whether I even sell it or not. It's purely financial reasons, houses, girlfriends, other cars, bad times. :surrender:

More a feeler as to what it's worth I guess.

Mine is pretty much identical spec. In similar condition.

I've got mine up for £9.5k and zero interest. Remember also this is a single make site and people always overvalue the cars on sites like this due to the inherent nature of it.

Really though if you want to sell it, then sell it. If you don't then don't put it up for sale as it just floods the market with non-adverts. I actually want to sell mine which it seems is a rarity even among people advertising cars for sale !

Mine is pretty much identical spec. In similar condition.

I've got mine up for £9.5k and zero interest. Remember also this is a single make site and people always overvalue the cars on sites like this due to the inherent nature of it.

Really though if you want to sell it, then sell it. If you don't then don't put it up for sale as it just floods the market with non-adverts. I actually want to sell mine which it seems is a rarity even among people advertising cars for sale !

I'm not selling it right now - this was more a thread to see what people's opinions on it's value were. It got moved to the for sale section.

Definitely some good advice there when I do want to sell it (ie sell it)

Sorry you've had no interest in your car, but perhaps it's down to your advertising technique.

;)

I think the problem is the amount on the market at the momnet. We'll probably see another substantial crash in prices soon, especially when the 370z goes onto the second hand market more frequently.

I might just keep it, sell the girlfriend.

Takers?

attachment.php?attachmentid=22584&d=1237841881

• 2 weeks later...