• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As this has been revived:

What are the differences in terms of cost, bhp gains and noise output between:

Stock Y pipe, Berks HFCs

Decat, XYZ Y pipe with Race cat

I imagine going Motordyne Plenum / Berks HFCs / UpRev is a good alternative option for a bit cheaper again fitted? :shrug:

Stock Y pipe, Berks HFCs

Decat, XYZ Y pipe with Race cat

Now we can do the super deal on the HFC,s includig fitting and a Uprev , I imagine the Stock Y pipe,Berks HFC,s would be a better gain per pound spent.

But the De-cat,XYZ Y pipe and race cat and Uprev would give more BHP/Torque but be more expensive.

Mark

:blackeye: Are you typing drunk and angry again Wasso? Will probably kick the dog next? :lol:

Drunk and Angry keh? :shrug:

Just helping mega review the Dyno Results thread which should help assist with his question. I understand fully the question relates to pre-revup which is why I made reference to my charts being REVUP. Okay so there will be slight differences between pre-rev and rev, but there aren't that many people on the forum with XYZ pipe and decats.

Just being helpful :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have just purchased a 2003 350z fairlady to use as a track car and occasional drifting machine.

I have just studied your post some of which I understand!

It would seem to me that I ought to find out what the current power /ecu set up has before I decide what needs doing to it.

THe other obvious limitation is" what does it all cost",My son and I have had experience of preparing a drift car and you do get a lot of advice but not all of it is good.One lesson we have learnt is that it is in the long term better to go to the top of the food chain. I hope from what I have read that is you.

What I require the real advice on is the power ,I have no intention of interfering with the engine myself ,as I feel this is really something best left to the experts.

I would like to carry out the body/ suspension work myself, but advice would be appreciated on what is the most effective.

I live in Norfolk so I am a fair distance away and the vehicle has a SORN on it ,I do not intend ever to use it on the road.

My proposal is that I bring the car down on my trailer you check what it is doing now and perhaps you can give me a plan of action, to increase the power, costed out so I can decide what I can afford and when I want to carry them out and when you can fit me in.

I wait to hear from you