Tuning 350Z,s

Mark@Abbey m/s

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesnt matter. RWHP is what matters!

Dyno's pretty much just guess at a fly figure.

:teeth::teeth: I know ! but like to know the pub fly figure too !!

Add 30hp for Fly...

The 06 airbox on dans only gave 2hp over a tuned one with a popcharger;) Need to find out if mine will get to 274 with an 06 box on and then we can see if its the headers that help!

Thanks Mark, For me, this is one of the most useful posts I've read.

Please PM with a cost for all of the above on a DE Up-rev that is currently completely stock.

No major rush, I see you have a few people to respond to and anticipating the cost it will be a good 1 - 2 months before I could afford it! :). A breakdown of the cost for each component would be good as if it is out of my price range (that being the money the girlfriend allows me to spend), I may have to postpone a couple.

Thanks Mark, For me, this is one of the most useful posts I've read.

Please PM with a cost for all of the above on a DE Up-rev that is currently completely stock.

No major rush, I see you have a few people to respond to and anticipating the cost it will be a good 1 - 2 months before I could afford it! :). A breakdown of the cost for each component would be good as if it is out of my price range (that being the money the girlfriend allows me to spend), I may have to postpone a couple.

Hey Wes,

I'm after the complete job lot fitting, only mines a 06 DE (276hp) we should travel down in a little convoy being a follow prestonian........... and then race back! (only up to 70mph of course!) :teeth:

Add 30hp for Fly...

The 06 airbox on dans only gave 2hp over a tuned one with a popcharger;) Need to find out if mine will get to 274 with an 06 box on and then we can see if its the headers that help!

Yes but an stock inlet tube keeps the air inlet temp at a more reasonable level which helps a lot , stock airbox also gives better part throttle response as well, Dont think Nissan spent a fortune on something that wouldn't work would they!!!!!!

Okay had lots of PM about package deals;

Been working out the best way to offer a little better deal if you have a package fitted and have worked out the only way to reduce the costs a little is to possible seafreight the parts in this will reduce the parts cost a little I hope.

I am working with Motordyne at getting a sea freight cost for the items we normal air freight in, so hopefully should have some prices very soon.

I will require deposits from people with regards package pricing as this will require us ordering more parts them we normally would carry in stock espec Resonated de-cats kits.

I can say we aren't going to be able to save a huge chunk off of the final invoice but I hope to save a little.

will be in touch very soon.

Mark

tis true, i lost 10bhp with the K&N intake unless i had the bonnet open, was difficult to drive with the bonnet open...

put the stock box and a decent panel filter in and it sorted it right out :)

I agree on this one...Have pop charger on and I find there is a flat spot on take off in 1st gear!

Add 30hp for Fly...

Yes but an stock inlet tube keeps the air inlet temp at a more reasonable level which helps a lot , stock airbox also gives better part throttle response as well, Dont think Nissan spent a fortune on something that wouldn't work would they!!!!!!

I currently have the stock 06+ intake with the standard plastic intake tube but i was considering replacing the intake tube with the arc polished pipe (still using standard 06+ intake box). Are you saying that even replacing just the intake tube can negatively affect performance?

Add 30hp for Fly...

I currently have the stock 06+ intake with the standard plastic intake tube but i was considering replacing the intake tube with the arc polished pipe (still using standard 06+ intake box). Are you saying that even replacing just the intake tube can negatively affect performance?

I was under the impression the what matters most is the temp of the air entering the intake as it doesn't stay in the intake tubing long enough to make any difference so maybe replacing it should be ok even if its for a bit of bling? :shrug:

Add 30hp for Fly...

Considering the punishment i put mine through you would have thought an expensive pipe would have worked nicely but no, the stock plastic one continually performs with no heat issues at all...

my advice would be to go with what has been proven to work. Abbey have spent a huge amount of time trialing different parts :)

The airflow meter bolts into a plastic pipes as standard which isolates the AFM from heat soak, if you bolt the AFM into an alloy pipe we find the inlet temps stay higher as the incoming air takes longer to cool the pipe.

This may only make 2/3 bhp difference but with what we are chasing with these cars every little helps.

The airflow meter bolts into a plastic pipes as standard which isolates the AFM from heat soak, if you bolt the AFM into an alloy pipe we find the inlet temps stay higher as the incoming air takes longer to cool the pipe.

This may only make 2/3 bhp difference but with what we are chasing with these cars every little helps.

I was intending on keeping the stock plastic bit that holds the airflow meter and just replace the intake tube. Would this still cause a small loss in hp?

If you run open ITB no Stock ECU wont work as you will need to run a RPM v,s throttle based ECU set up which the stock ECU wont be able to run something like a Motec M800 will be needed.

But if you run the ITB,s inside a sealed airbox then via a tube to the stock AFM then yes I would say we could remap the stock ecu to suit

If you run open ITB no Stock ECU wont work as you will need to run a RPM v,s throttle based ECU set up which the stock ECU wont be able to run something like a Motec M800 will be needed.

But if you run the ITB,s inside a sealed airbox then via a tube to the stock AFM then yes I would say we could remap the stock ecu to suit

Ok! great. So lets say its in a box compared to open air, would I lose any possinble bhp? Im going to price up some ITBS :cloud9: .

Ok! great. So lets say its in a box compared to open air, would I lose any possinble bhp? Im going to price up some ITBS

wouldn't be able to tell you but another hassle would be your need to fit a throttle cable stock ECU can work with fly by wire but your also need a vacuum pump to suuply vacuum for the brakes.

In my view on a road car waste of time and money.

Ok! great. So lets say its in a box compared to open air, would I lose any possinble bhp? Im going to price up some ITBS

wouldn't be able to tell you but another hassle would be your need to fit a throttle cable stock ECU can work with fly by wire but your also need a vacuum pump to suuply vacuum for the brakes.

In my view on a road car waste of time and money.

Ahh ok cheers. :thumbs: