Bikes - The "awesome" kind with no engines

AK350Z

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amanda thought they were hilarious :lol:

If hilarious stops muscle niggles or damage, bring on hilarious. :p

Dont worry I told her to shut up. Also she wakes up the day after the ride with aching legs, and mine are fine :yahoo:

If you go to a 50mm stem I hope your bars are more than 700mm wide, or the handling will be a bit interesting!

Getting some FSA carbon bars which are 660mm so should be ok, I know what your both saying but 110 is way to long so thinking only coming down to 70mm isn't much so not sure, plus really like the 50mm hope DH stem :lol:

If you go to a 50mm stem I hope your bars are more than 700mm wide, or the handling will be a bit interesting!

Getting some FSA carbon bars which are 660mm so should be ok, I know what your both saying but 110 is way to long so thinking only coming down to 70mm isn't much so not sure, plus really like the 50mm hope DH stem :lol:

660mm won't be enough for steep stuff on a 50 stem, you'll probably find the front wheel wants to tuck under on berms etc. Mine are 680 on a 50mm stem and a 68 degree head angle (think yours is about that), and I would prefer them a touch wider.

I covered 21 road miles in just over an hour in the pouring rain today, and absolutely loved it. B)

Sucker! :p

Haha, no really, that sounds like a good pace to me. I struggle to manage 8mph offroad.

Well had a good run out today four hours in the peak and tackled 'the beast off hope cross' you'll have to google it, the bike handed it all well apart from snapping the Chain luckily we had the tool to fix it and my mate had 2 punctures I'll let the pics do the talking

6ddb0d7c.jpg

6e16e61e.jpg

9677cc76.jpg

c2abcf2d.jpg

890848ff.jpg

df3893d0.jpg

ce638315.jpg

c3aa5edd.jpg

d5aadb2b.jpg

24d20048.jpg

f97576ec.jpg

Very nice mate, I think I spotted "The Beast" when I was reading that new trail guide book the other day. Is Ladybower and Cut Gate over your way?

Sadly I'm on shift now, so no biking adventures for a few days :thumbdown:

Well I had a most unproductive ride yesterday! Went down to Swindon to see what they updates the chaps at MBSwindon had made to their trail, when 10 minutes in I had a mechanical. Somehow a plate on the chain had come off its pin, which then jammed in the jockey wheel of my X0 mech, which then whipped around and took out the mech hanger, but only after destroying the jockey wheel and rear mech plate :scare::cry:

Managed to patch up the bike now with an old X9 mech (but doesnt shift into 9th, which is why I got the X0 :doh: ) and a chain 2 links shorter. Managed to steal the old mech hanger off my other bike - thank god Specialized make interchangable mech hangers! Off to get a new chain today I think, and have a look around for a new mech. I got the old X0 half price and no where seems to do them for a good price any more :dry:

Well going by the fact that the one I broke was a SRAM 991, I'd say not one of those! :lol:

I've always had KMC before and they are very good, never had a problem with them. Just for you they do one in gold too :teeth: Somthing like the KMC X9 would do you well, I had one on a couple of older bikes and never had a prob. Most likely what I will be getting this time :thumbs:

Top off the peak looking back at Sheffield bloody hard climb

That's not a climb, this is a climb. :p:p:lol::lol: Only 750 metres. :p Straight up the face you can see.

Pff, you cant post pics from the bottom. Pic of the bike on top or it didnt happen :p