Anyone got a copy of the original clarkson review?

jollyranchers

he really didnt like it. what the hell is that about?

i dont think i can agree with anything he said. mine is a post 06 model though is there really that much difference.

the one thing i really really didnt agree with... the noise i think it sounds amazing!!

This man really boils my pi**. A friend emailed me this review and another on the 350Z by the same idiot Clarkson and they so clearly display his lack of interest in actually reviewing a car properly, I was thumping on my desk.

What really annoys me is the fact that he calls the VQ35 a French engine! Does no one take issue with this? It's been voted in the top 10 engines in the world over the last 8 years except the last 2, and is Nissan designed!

I just want to punch the man.

:rant:

• 2 months later...
This man really boils my pi**. A friend emailed me this review and another on the 350Z by the same idiot Clarkson and they so clearly display his lack of interest in actually reviewing a car properly, I was thumping on my desk.

What really annoys me is the fact that he calls the VQ35 a French engine! Does no one take issue with this? It's been voted in the top 10 engines in the world over the last 8 years except the last 2, and is Nissan designed!

I dont know if its japanese or french, but it is the same engine as in the Renault Vel Satis. :yuck:

nissan engineered engine, sold to the french, and they put it in the vel satis. many companies do it. for instance the new rcz from pugeot uses the bmw mini engine the 1.6 turbo.

it is a great engine, well built, reliable and fairly easy to maintain compared to other V6's personally i always thought their could be more to the sound of the zed, but it wasn't a bad sound. and it produced good power and torque

It always makes me smile when people complain about this review.

It's actually very good and shows why Clarkson has achieved all he has.

There are 1,000's of posts on this forum and what are the 4 biggest complaints?

1. Terrible noise (why do we fit those exhausts/pop-chargers etc.?)

2. Car's too heavy

3. Poor internal build quality

4. Impractical boot.

and Clarkson identified these 4 things as it's biggest failings by just tootling around Sheffield for a couple of hours.

The thing about the engine is an error which everyone jumps on to show he doesn't know his beans. He does. And some.

Why do you all care so much about what he says? We love the car. He didn't. Get over it. :thumbs:

He is used to driving expensive and lavish cars..i am sure if u put someone who owns a Lambo, Ferrari, Aston Martin into the 350Z...they will be saying exactly the same thing. :wacko: The fact of the matter is most of us will never be able to afford expensive luxury motors like them. :thumbdown: And for what we pay, the Zed is definitely value for money. That reminds me of something..need to work harder and make more money.. :dry:

It always makes me smile when people complain about this review.

It's actually very good and shows why Clarkson has achieved all he has.

There are 1,000's of posts on this forum and what are the 4 biggest complaints?

1. Terrible noise (why do we fit those exhausts/pop-chargers etc.?)

2. Car's too heavy

3. Poor internal build quality

4. Impractical boot.

and Clarkson identified these 4 things as it's biggest failings by just tootling around Sheffield for a couple of hours.

The thing about the engine is an error which everyone jumps on to show he doesn't know his beans. He does. And some.

Why do you all care so much about what he says? We love the car. He didn't. Get over it. :thumbs:

as much as i hate saying it.....

+1 :dry:

Clarkson doesn't really know what he's talking about, he's more interested in trying to be funny. If you want a proper review from somebody who actually knows about cars then look no further than all the reviews on Fifth Gear.... proper drivers who are experts in their field. Same thing happened with the 370... Clarkson kept babbling on about wife swapping, and hens and dinasours, whereas Tiff Needell gave the car a proper review, and said the 350 was one of the best handling cars he'd ever driven!!

If clarkson doesn't like a car cos it's not British usually he won't review it properly and is very very biased. But I think it's good that he did it keeps the zed more exclusive and for those with a xbox it has a cult following on most games.

i don't mind his reviews, at the end of the day its an opinion and everyone is entitled to one, just because he's on the TV doesn't make his opinion right.

i liked their review of the Z4 vs Boxster vs S2000 all 3 couldn't agree and the stook wasn't the fastest, but it was still an entertaining review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWnHPbUMlMU

i did disagree on his review of the new civic type R, but then like others have said a car choice espeically with cars like the zed is a choice of the heart and not of the head.