350Z vs Z4

Husky

A freind of mine is looking at a zed and wanting to know how it compares to a Z4. now i know i could answer the question but i feel pretty biased, so i thought i'd ask if there are any ex Z4 owners on here?

If thats you can you give any info on how the zed compares to your old "zed"

Cheers :)

isn't there a video of VBH doing a lap in the zed and one in the z4 from fifth gear? the zedwins by like 4 seconds of something! :thumbs:

VBH did the Shootout with an Audi TT vs 350Z

The dogfight is with Z4 Roadster and 350Z Roadster, with Tiff and Jason at the wheels

Friend has the Z4 3.0l and i dont find much in it with regards to speed with the 350z. I found the Z4 to have a nicer interior and better exterior looks but I bought a 350z instead because it is more modifiable at the end of the day.

I also have a friend who has a Z4 and the interior is definitely nicer although it's a bit trademark BMW for me, i.e. it would fit fine into any Beemer. It's prettier on the exterior as well but that doesn't make it a better looking car in my opinion as I find it it looks a little plain and pretty common but it's all personal taste. Get him to test drive both!

• 4 weeks later...

My wife has a 2008 Z4 and I guess I probably drive it more than my zed. As one of the previous posters said they are nowhere near as comfortable, especially if you're over 6 feet tall. Other than that they're a nice car but we've had it back to the dealers for several irritating faults to be fixed. The main problem is that the alloys corrode like nothing I've ever seen before, especially on the inside and if you kerb one of them then corrosion spreads like wildfire. Hers is the 2.0 150hp version so there's no comparison performance wise but it's reasonably cheap to run.

Pete