Missus car keyed-99% Sure who it is.pic page 2

:rant:

Took the family out last night for Karens nephews 18th and we left both cars at home.... I get up this morning and pull off the drive (we live in a cul de sac in a nice enough area) I look at my missus Ford Focus and its got a double key mark all the way down one side of the car and back :dry:

Her side of the family are having a big feud over her Aunty being a serial shite stirrer, liar and trouble maker... The woman has got more issues then TIME Magazine.... The unfortunate thing is she lives 2 streets away with her Uncle who is renowned for being a bit lary and has a criminal record. The 'Uncle' in question had had an argument with the Missus younger Sister earlier last night so was obviously wound up.. The Focus has been parked in the same place in front of the house for 3 years without incident so its to much of a coincidence for it not to be him and the fact my Zed is parked 5 foot away then if it was some mindless dick keying a car for no reason then they would have picked mine.... Now this Uncle and I used to be drinking buddies, he knows my past and he knows that if my car was touched in anyway then I would be on the war path and he would be eating meals through a straw for a long period of time...... The thing is it may not have been my car but it still directly affects me so I am still on the war path...... I want to go round and have words but the Missus and her Mum are telling me I can't cos I have no proof.... I don't think I need it as I will be able to tell when I look in his eyes if its him...

I don't know what to do, I don't like being disrespected in anyway and I want retribution but things are different from a few years ago, Ive got a family and a beautiful 6 month old baby now. The good thing is that the Focus goes in for a part chop tomorrow and TC Harrisons have said they will sort the scratch with no charge (very kind of them). The other good thing is that we are moving soon. But now we have the worry of the new car being targeted :dry:

Its all putting a very big dampener on my Zed ownership as well... Its a struggle keeping the car and running a family and new house plus other Zed related issues are making me think I may as well get rid of the damn thing and run an affordable banger for a while that I just dont give a sh!t about.... I will be using the work van for the next few weeks thats for sure..

I really am not happy :boxing:

Advice welcome

I don't see anything good that can come of going round, other than riling yourself up and getting charged with assault. Suck it up and buy a hundred quid camera and stick it on the front of the house and hope to catch him next time. Either way your not going to get anyone offering you money to fix it :(

It would be nice just to have the knowledge that it was him, by looking into his eyes as you say, but when you realise the truth, lets be honest...you wont hold back

i hate this sort of thing. had some kn0b in a car park key my van coz supposedly i nicked HIS space (he was driving up the wrong way in the car park just to get to the space). i promptly told him to do one. but came out and found a massive scratch on my front wing. i knew the car he was driving and found it. i took a key and did the exact same thing to his car plus due to the inconvenience of having to get it repaired let the air of his rear tyre. (doing no damage)

i know it was really petty (of me), but i was scathing and had the red mist. an eye for an eye and all that.

i would say, (after calming yourself down) go round there and have a word. just let him know that your pretty sure he did it but make sure that you let him know it hasnt bothered u too much as its being done for free. that will annoy him more. leave it at that

its a real tough one, you dont want to caus ebig agro but dont want to be bending over and taking it...

Id say key that f**kers car! then if he comes round to you, you can say he came here and started on me when he's laying on the floor k.o :blush::lol:

on a serious note, i guess witht he family and all that you cant go mental, id go round have a word, say look if it was you, then leave it out, luckily its not an issue, but if it happens again.... if he blatenty lies to you, key the f**kers car and knock him out :blush::lol:

get the on going theme ;)

Write a letter to the guy detailing just how angry you are and what you want to do to him, then burn/bin it. Walk away and be the bigger man, it's not worth getting hauled before the beak over these when you've got a family to think about.

I had a similar thing happen to me a year and a half ago... but the whole car got done. 9 panels in total.

I knew who it was, I confronted him and told him never to contact me, my friends or my family.... he didn't.... lucky he didn't do it to the Zed! :dry:

I feel glad that he's only going to be just a barman, no prospects, no friends. :) - revenge served.

all well and good being the bigger man. i agree its a good thing to do. but you cant come across weak and scared.

As its family like this, it could happen again, if not worse being the man's an ex con.

Best bet, sell up, and move to sunny Spain where no one knows you are :).... take the zed too ;)

Best advice is to keep calm and think of your family, you wouldn't be posting it on here if you hadn't already worked that out for yourself.

If you get banged up for sorting him out then he's deffo got away with it and you'd probably get clobbered for damages to, he'd have a right laugh (once out of hospital I'm guessing :boxing: )

The garage isn't bothered about the scratches so that's a result. You'll be moving soon so result again.

In the short term, buy a cheap wireless cctv system and put it up to cover your cars. If he does it again you have your proof and you can do whatever you feel is appropriate (I'd try plod myself and make him pay through his pocket).

Family first always mate. It's the right choice.

personally you've not lost out financially on the repairs, so maybe worth letting that one slide. but i would go round and play innocent, tell him some scrot has keyed your car. you've just fitted camera's and if it happens again you'll hunt the fecker down and remove some limbs.

hopefully he'll take the hint and leave alone.

at the end of the day no proof means no action. if you're wrong you could make the whole family situation worse.

Just chill mate, at the end of the day your no worse off as the garage have covered it and your moving house. Acting on emotion will only get you in trouble, what goes around comes around and im sure with him being almost family you will have more than one opportunity to get your own back.

If you see him just brag about how your dealer is doing it for free and that your missus is looking forward to her new car,make it cound incredible (if possible :lol: ) then setup a camera and wait... If you catch him its up to you what you do with the evidence, personally i would show it in your local pub to show what a £$£%%% he is and then bribe the guy to stay away from your family or the police will be involved. :thumbs:

:rant:

Took the family out last night for Karens nephews 18th and we left both cars at home.... I get up this morning and pull off the drive (we live in a cul de sac in a nice enough area) I look at my missus Ford Focus and its got a double key mark all the way down one side of the car and back :dry:

Her side of the family are having a big feud over her Aunty being a serial shite stirrer, liar and trouble maker... The woman has got more issues then TIME Magazine.... The unfortunate thing is she lives 2 streets away with her Uncle who is renowned for being a bit lary and has a criminal record. The 'Uncle' in question had had an argument with the Missus younger Sister earlier last night so was obviously wound up.. The Focus has been parked in the same place in front of the house for 3 years without incident so its to much of a coincidence for it not to be him and the fact my Zed is parked 5 foot away then if it was some mindless dick keying a car for no reason then they would have picked mine.... Now this Uncle and I used to be drinking buddies, he knows my past and he knows that if my car was touched in anyway then I would be on the war path and he would be eating meals through a straw for a long period of time...... The thing is it may not have been my car but it still directly affects me so I am still on the war path...... I want to go round and have words but the Missus and her Mum are telling me I can't cos I have no proof.... I don't think I need it as I will be able to tell when I look in his eyes if its him...

I don't know what to do, I don't like being disrespected in anyway and I want retribution but things are different from a few years ago, Ive got a family and a beautiful 6 month old baby now. The good thing is that the Focus goes in for a part chop tomorrow and TC Harrisons have said they will sort the scratch with no charge (very kind of them). The other good thing is that we are moving soon. But now we have the worry of the new car being targeted :dry:

Its all putting a very big dampener on my Zed ownership as well... Its a struggle keeping the car and running a family and new house plus other Zed related issues are making me think I may as well get rid of the damn thing and run an affordable banger for a while that I just dont give a sh!t about.... I will be using the work van for the next few weeks thats for sure..

I really am not happy :boxing:

Advice welcome

Hi Mate,

It's difficult having to cope with dim wits like this but don't let em win. You sell the Zed and they get what they want, you generally find when lame brain toss pots can't get it for themselves thay have to resort to these tactics to take the shine off it for them that have managed to get it. :headhurt:

Rise above it, look at the long term picture... in a few months you will be out of easy reach and they will find some bugger else to annoy, look for ways of pissing them off without them knowing and don't make anything of the car being keyed just let it drop

.....as soon as know they have pi**ed you off they've won.

:evil: Wait your chance to get even, revenge is a dish best served cold.

Pay someone or do it back to them. Revenge is always sweet

.....and then he comes back and does something to your Zed, or worse. The next thing you know you've got a full on feud where no one's a winner.

As others have said, let it slide as you've not actually lost our financially, but make sure he knows that. Set up a video camera so if he does it again you can get him prosecuted, recovering all your costs from him in the process.