2 dealers, 2 different answers !!! Confused

wab172uk

Checked the oil level at the weekend, and it was half way down.

Looked in the handbook, but no mention of either fully synth, or semi-synth.

Went to local dealer who stated Fully Synth, but didn't know what type (10W30 etc) was in it, so phoned the dealer I bought the car from but they stated Semi Synthetic oil.

Confused, so I phone Nissan customer services who weren't too sure either but suggested Fully synthetic.

What are people topping the oil up with?

Have bought Castrol Magnetex Fully synthetic 5W 30 (A1), but before I top it up I just want to be sure I've bought the right stuff.

Advice would be very appreciated.

Cheers

Wayne

Fully synthetic though?

Nissan recommend semi synthetic

Not according to Nissan customer services this afternoon.

Just noticed this is a 370 issue not 350 ...... I don't know the info/recommendations for the 370 ,,,, my bad

Standard factory fill will be semi-synth. Doesnt really matter if you are topping up though. I forget which grade it is, I think its 10w-30. Not recommended to do a full change for fully-synth until you have gone past the break in milage :thumbs:

Just chuck in what you have, cant see it being a problem.

Please don't use Magnatec, it really is the devil's arsehole when it comes to oils. It'll go thin as anything when warm and will do nothing for your engine's protection. Top it up if you must, but then I'd be looking at doing a full change with something decent fairly quickly (sub 1000 miles at least).